GA, Newnan - Habitat ReStore Associate (Part-time)
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
General purpose of position:
A Habitat for Humanity ReStore associate is responsible for a variety of duties (including running the register, pricing and displaying merchandise, maintaining a safe and clean environment, leading volunteers, driving the truck, loading and unloading donations and purchases) for the purpose of creating a maintaining an extraordinary donor, volunteer and shopper experience in the Habitat ReStore.
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Friendly and courteous with good customer service skills.
- Commitment to Habitat’s mission.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record – must be at least 25 years old.
- Ability to relate to people with diverse backgrounds.
Reports to: Habitat ReStore manager
Time requirements: Part time (20 hours); times TBD, Tuesday-Saturday, hourly (non-exempt)
Permits and licenses: Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer or donor, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service.
- Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
- Accurately and efficiently ring on registers and accurately maintain all cash and media at the registers.
- Communicate customer requests to management.
- Assist staff in maintaining safe, clean and adequate work equipment.
- Lead volunteers and provide them with a positive volunteer experience.
- Safely load and unload (often heavy) donations and purchases.
- Safely drive a 14’ box truck for the purpose of picking up donations.
- Any other tasks as assigned by manager.
Skills and competencies:
- Ability to process information/merchandise through register system.
- Ability to communicate with associates and customers.
- Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation.
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job.
Hourly compensation: minimum $9/hour
Benefits: paid vacation and holidays; health reimbursement arrangement; AFLAC available
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act:
This position requires the physical ability to sit, walk, and/or stand for prolonged periods of time. This individual must also have the use of all senses, to include, but not limited to sight, hearing, smell and taste while possessing the ability to stand, stoop, bend, grasp and/or hold to complete warehouse, shop, showroom and storage shed work. While the NCHFH offices are smoke-free and portions are temperature controlled, some work will be in non-temperature-controlled conditions, often outdoors. The position requires persons who are able to safely lift at least 50lbs on a regular and frequent basis. Prior to being hired, applicants are required to pass a pre-employment physical, which includes a drug/alcohol screening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Newnan-Coweta HABITAT FOR HUMANITY, INC. is a nonprofit, ecumenical Christian ministry that cultivates partnerships with families in need, sponsors and volunteers to build simple, decent, affordable housing in Coweta County, Georgia. Coweta Habitat brings people from all walks of life together, without discrimination, in order to create a stronger, more caring community. Further, as an affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International, Coweta Habitat supports global building projects.
In order to apply, each applicant must submit all of the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter (including salary requirements)
Note: only applications sent via email with all the above information included will be considered.
No phone calls or in-person visits please.