GA, Roswell - Resource Development Director
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
The affiliate’s resource development directors – in conjunction with the chief executive officer, grants and events manager and the board of directors – are responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing all aspects of resource development. The positions provide leadership in connection with all fundraising initiatives, including home sponsorships, the annual fund (including direct mail) major gifts, planned giving and special events and campaigns. The positions, together with the CEO and the board of directors, are responsible for formulating and implementing both long- and short-term fundraising strategies and plans in order to increase contributions and expand the affiliate’s donor base while deepening the commitment of existing donors. The positions report to the CEO.
Responsibilities and duties
- Develop and implement long-range development plans, which complement the affiliate’s strategic plans and resource development goals.
- Prepare comprehensive annual fundraising plans.
- Develop and implement donor solicitation and cultivation plans for both the annual fund and major gifts.
- Cultivate and solicit existing house sponsors.
- Identify and pursue new house sponsors, including churches, corporations, civic organizations and foundations.
- Assist the grants manager in pursuing existing and new sources for government funding.
- Maintain and expand the Youth United program.
- Coordinate with Habitat for Humanity International in connection with funding and house sponsorship opportunities that it offers.
- Develop, manage and implement capital campaigns.
- Assist and coordinate with local area directors in connection with local fundraising activities.
- Develop a planned giving program.
- Coordinate with area directors in the assignment of volunteers for builds.
- Develop and implement communication plans and calendars to ensure regular communication with donors, volunteers and homeowners.
- Develop marketing materials and resource development tools, including brochures, monthly e-newsletters and the affiliate’s annual report.
- Maintain the affiliate’s website and expand use of technology for fundraising.
- Conduct annual direct mail campaigns
- Publish a quarterly homeowner newsletter.
Events and activities:
- Assist events manager in planning and conducting fundraising and donor and volunteer recognition events.
- Supervise and support fundraising activities conducted by house sponsors.
- Attend networking and community awareness events.
- Maintain the affiliate’s database to ensure accuracy and timeliness of data entry.
- Oversee gift acknowledgments.
- Prepare fundraising and house funding reports.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Professional or volunteer experience in fundraising.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including strong verbal and writing skills and proficiency in public speaking.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Energetic, extroverted and detail-oriented.
- Capable of managing multiple tasks.
- Self-starter with ability to work both independently and with other staff and volunteers.
- Comfortable in a faith-based environment.
- Passion for Habitat’s mission.
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Habitat for Humanity-North Central Georgia is an equal opportunity employer.