Global Funding Development Director
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
This position is based in Atlanta GA
Habitat for Humanity International(HFHI), as part of a new Strategic Plan is seeking a Global Funding Development Director. Reporting to the Sr. Director, International Engagement this individual will strive to expand our global funding results. Investments will be made in key fundraising markets focusing on building small sum, individual giving programs, individual and other private sector giving.
To help launch, oversee, coordinate and monitor international fundraising initiatives in new markets utilizing the investment fund set up by Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI).
1. Coordinates selection and engagement process with Senior Leadership Team, Area Office and National Offices for initiating the investment.
2. Scans the market to identify emerging trends and fundraising opportunities (especially those that can be scaled and /or replicated).
3. Leads planning and implementing process for overall engagement in strategic fundraising market(s).
4. Participates in the development of business modeling and planning processes in new markets.
5. Coordinates consultant support services and overall management of terms of reference with vendors.
6. Coordinates multi-layered Senior Leadership Team, Area Office and National Office Board engagement as well as the “working group” to implement timeline and deliverables.
7. Coordinates the set-up of operations in new fundraising markets including the identification/hiring of consulting firms and working with National Offices to recruit staff and acquire proper resources.
8. Monitors the performance of new fundraising markets versus the agreed business plans, and provides consulting advice to the local teams to respond to new opportunities and challenges in coordination with the full team and subject matter experts.
9. In selected markets, works with senior management teams and /or consultants on market reviews to identify new or underdeveloped fundraising opportunities.
10. Provides hands-on support and advice to fundraising teams on their fundraising activities.
11. Transfer knowledge and skills to build local fundraising capabilities.
12. Reports quarterly to Senior Vice President of Resource Development on progress made to date.
13. Monitors the performance of investments made and provides advice where changes need to be made.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 6-10 years of experience implementing successful fundraising strategies
· Proven track record of success in growth markets especially in fundraising strategies such as private sector fundraising (corporates, foundations, major giving and events)
· Experience in developing business plans for fundraising entities in growth markets
· Well-tuned consulting skills: Ability to listen and communicate well. Previous success managing senior stakeholders
· Strong negotiating skills
· Experience in developing people and/or in training
· Strong organizational skills
· Strong problem solving skills
Please send your resume and cover letter stating why you wish to work for Habitat as ONE SAVED DOCUMENT.
HFHI is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
|Posting Id:||58 006|