Human Resources Coordinator
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is currently seeking a committed professional to fill the role of Human Resources Coordinator in our Asia/Pacific (AP) area office. The key duties of this role are to provide both technical and administrative HR support to the staff at the area office and national organizations in the region, to develop and maintain efficient and confidential HR systems and procedures and to support national organizations with HR service delivery and capacity building. This position is located in Manila, Philippines.
DUTIES/AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
• Manage the preparation and dispatch of Personnel Action Forms (PAF) to ensure details of new hires, resignations, and changes in base salary, location, housing and utilities allowances, and benefits are advised to headquarters.
• Receive completed PAF forms from employees, complete forms as advised by supervisors, obtain approval where required.
• Transmit PAF forms to the Global Support Team at HFHI headquarters and maintain hard copy and electronic files of all completed PAFs.
• Manage payroll records: prepare monthly position control reports covering all Area staff and monitor monthly payroll reports from headquarters against the Area compensation budget.
• Assist in recruiting personnel. Work with Director of Human Resources to identify possible sources of candidates, complete Position Requests and Job Descriptions for new positions or positions for which duties will change and send to HR Staffing in headquarters. On approval of the Position Request, work with staffing to arrange for the posting of the position on HFHI’s website. If the position is to be filled locally, coordinate the placing of ads.
• Work with hiring managers, program department heads, Regional Program Directors and the Director Human Resources to ensure that job descriptions are accurate and up-to-date.
• Track all applications for employment. See that hiring managers review all applicants and complete reports for HR Staffing on the results of interviews.
• Document all new hires once a candidate has been approved by the Area Vice President: prepare an offer letter for approval of the Director Human Resources, send the letter and required new hire documents to the candidate, respond to any questions, follow-up for receipt of completed forms, send documents to headquarters and complete a PAF to ensure the new employee will be paid and all benefits in place to coincide with the agreed-upon start date. Set-up and maintain electronic and hard copy files.
• Work with the Director Human Resources, the Area Vice-President, and AMT in planning the annual Area personnel budget.
• Ensure that compensation for HFHI Local Hires in Asia Pacific meets HFHI policies as to benefits and that HFHI benchmarks are followed.
• Establish contacts with counterparts in like-minded organizations so that HFHI can participate in compensation surveys. Prepare reports on the results of any surveys and recommend changes where appropriate.
• 3 years in an HR function or general administration
• Experience working in an international organization, preferably in an NGO
• Cross-cultural management experiences an asset
• Bachelor’s degree required as minimum
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Written and oral fluency in English required
• Written and oral fluency in Area specific language preferred
• Experience and strong interest in working with HR issues
• Computer skills, experienced in the use of word processing programs, spreadsheet programs and in use of the Internet and e-mail
• Flexibility: must handle a diverse range of tasks for different offices and different staff members
Candidates please cut and paste your cover letter and resume into our applicant tracking system as ONE DOCUMENT when applying.
HFHI is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
|Job Title Modifier:||Asia/Pacific|
|Posting Id:||55 357|