IL, Elgin - House Lead
Habitat for Humanity of Northern Fox Valley, Elgin, IL
POSITION: House Lead
REPORTS TO: Construction Manager
WORKS WITH: HFH volunteers, house sponsors and staff members
HOURS: Part-time, 2 build days per week (build days occur on Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays), 95% of time on site, 5% on planning, preparing, office, meetings
Understand Habitat for Humanity’s programs
Ensure quality construction, compliance with HFHNFV standards, manage site safety
Ensure compliance with all Federal, State and Local laws, codes and ordinance
Assist in establishing a schedule for the project, complete project on budget and on schedule
Project ends with occupancy permit
- Adhere to construction plans, standards and schedules to meet affiliate and sponsor goals
- Communicate schedule adjustments to HFH staff
- Be present at worksite on Wednesdays and Saturdays
- Prepare list of construction tasks for workdays
- Assure the safety and security of the site, tools and materials.
- Teach non-skilled volunteers how to use tools and train them on the day’s construction tasks
- Provide safety talk and be aware of safety hazards throughout the day
- Monitor the work done by volunteers to ensure construction quality
- Maximize volunteer usage
- Make judicious use of all materials by integrating donated and inventory items into construction.
- Prepare materials and tools for each work day.
- Check work-site and report back to the Construction Manager after each work day for work completed, quality and to assess needs for the next work day.
- Submit coded invoices promptly
Public Relations/Fundraising/Partner Families
- Explain Habitat mission, goals, programs, etc. to volunteers, neighbors and the public as needed
- Cultivate relationships with crew leaders, donors and sponsors
- Help develop policies and procedures with HFH staff regarding construction, standards and safety
- Communicate standards and product choices to partner families and ensure compliance
Requirements and Skills:
- Ability to work with volunteers, donors and sponsors and ensure they have a good Habitat experience
- Ability to read construction drawings
- Knowledge of all phases of construction
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a diverse team in a manner which retains supporters
- Ability to plan, organize and delegate
- Ability to communicate in both written and verbal form
- Site work requires broad mobility, ability to climb ladders to roof level and into foundations
- Ability to lift at least 70 pounds
- Travel to construction sites and warehouses in own vehicle
- Ability to drive vehicles with trailers, as well as bobcat preferred
Send cover letter and resume to Travis.Juracek@habitatnfv.org.
ONLY CANDIDATES WHO FOLLOW THE SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS IN THIS JOB ADVERTISEMENT ON HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB WILL BE CONSIDERED.
|Affiliate Name:||Habitat for Humanity of Northern Fox Valley|
|Job Position Type:||Affiliate|
|Job Function:||US Affiliate|
|Job Position Category:||Affiliate-Opportunity|
|Auto Req ID:||896BR|