LA, Baton Rouge - Habitat ReStore Manager
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Baton Rouge is in search of a Habitat ReStore manager
Reports to: Executive director
FLSA status: Exempt, full time
Benefits: Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, health insurance, supplemental insurance plans, mileage reimbursement, workers’ comp insurance
The mission of the Habitat ReStore:
- Provide additional funding to support Habitat Baton Rouge’s house building goals.
- Help serve a broader base of the low-income community by providing low-cost materials.
- Provide an opportunity for volunteers to support Habitat’s mission other than construction.
- Responsible for managing a 10-year-old Habitat ReStore with a vision to keep store vibrant and profitable in a competitive market place.
- Responsible for procuring and reselling recycled and new building and related materials.
- Responsible for cultivating relationships with volunteers, customers and donors in order to increase support and resources for the organization.
- Focus on customer and donor service.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following (Other duties may be assigned):
- Promote donations, drive sales and profits of the Habitat ReStore to further the Habitat Baton Rouge’s mission.
- Demonstrate and train staff in outstanding service to customers, donors, volunteers and others.
- Increase quality and quantity of merchandise through building and maintaining relationships with donors including individuals, businesses, community and church groups.
- Ensure Habitat ReStore is adequately staffed, and operated by associates with knowledge, skills, abilities and leadership to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Ensure all personnel understand and can effectively communicate the Habitat ReStore, local and international Habitat missions to members of the public.
- Manage Habitat ReStore assets to ensure efficiency and cost-effectiveness, safety of employees, volunteers, customers and others, ensuring that licenses and other required information are maintained properly for government bodies and others as appropriate.
Public Relations, marketing and advertising:
- Participate in developing, rolling out and measuring marketing and advertising programs to increase donations, sales and volunteer participation.
Staff and volunteer management:
- Hire, train and manage Habitat ReStore associates in accordance with approved personnel and safety policies and take steps to ensure staff is well versed so that all policies and practices are understood and adhered to.
- Evaluate, recognize and reward staff performance.
- Address violations of policy including safety, poor job performance or misconduct in a timely and appropriate manner; implement proper documentation and corrective action.
- Resolve situations involving volunteers in consultation with the volunteer coordinator and the executive director when required.
Finance and administration:
- Implement and monitor systems for daily transactions and deposits including safeguarding company assets.
- Approve employee time sheets.
- Approve, ensure accurate coding and submit payable invoices on a timely basis; communicate questionable invoices to accounts payable and ensure expenditures are held within acceptable limits.
- Work in conjunction with the executive director and finance director to develop and maintain adherence to annual operating budgets as well as recommend capital expenditures.
Reporting and communications:
- Provide reports of designated activities including but not limited to: sales, expenses, results of weekly staff meetings, outreach activities and other areas of interest to the executive director.
- Keep executive director informed appropriately and timely of operational and financial matters.
Skills and experience:
- College degree in a business-related field or at least years of experience managing people in a retail, restaurant, small hardware, construction or industrial setting.
- Experience with and knowledge of building codes, construction and residential building material and its use.
- Knowledge of materials handling.
- Demonstrated ability in training, managing, leading and developing associates in a consistent, positive and safety-conscious manner.
- Basic computer skills, including spreadsheets, word processing, presentations and email.
- Excellent leadership skills including Associate selection, training, coaching and team building.
- Ability and willingness to call on existing and potential donors to increase merchandise in the store.
- Solid application of communication and relationship-building skills, internally and externally, with groups and individuals.
- Ethical leadership demonstrating consistently high standards of integrity and accountability.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing conditions with unexpected shifts in priorities; make quick, sound and positive decisions; anticipate, address and solve problems.
- Strong initiative represented by energy, enthusiasm, attention to detail and follow-up.
- Ability to project a professional image in speech and demeanor.
- Ability to safely lift and position up to 35 pounds. (Job could entail occasional bending, kneeling and reaching, often in awkward or tiring positions. Bulk of time will be spent standing, walking and otherwise assisting customers.)
To apply: Please email a cover letter, resume and three references to Lynn Clark at email@example.com or mail to Attn: Lynn Clark, Habitat for Humanity of Greater Baton Rouge, 6554 Florida Blvd. Suite 200 Baton Rouge, LA 70806
No in-person applications will be accepted. Deadline to apply is Friday, November 15 at 4:00 p.m.