Lead IT Technical Project Manager
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is seeking a seasoned Lead Technical IT Project Manager to work at their Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, GA. Reporting to the Director of Program Management the position primarily manages IT software selection and implementation projects that span portal, web and SaaS applications to provide global solutions, and which integrate with company CRM; financial; HR; and other systems to provide new functionality to the Habitat business areas.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Manages the life cycle of project from approval through implementation, provides timely and complete status reports, and an evaluation of all project deliverables. Creates a collaborative partnership with business internal clients and business project managers; IT software developers and infrastructure engineers to use technology to achieve HFHI’s mission.
• Manages external vendors and consultants to ensure satisfactory delivery of projects within budget and actively participations in planning project requirements for new technology migrations, business growth and improvements, new implementations and future solution exploration.
• Manage technology based business solution projects from requirements gathering and analysis through design; testing; construction and delivery.
• Ensures the timely and effective delivery of the application solution into production at agreed upon date; quality and cost targets.
• Develops and maintains positive working relationships with team members, and stakeholders; application developers; architects and infrastructure engineers throughout the project lifecycle. In the case that a functional project manager has overall project responsibility, work closely with that functional PM.
• Meet with business and technical associates to review business case; project scope; assumptions; budget; and deliverables.
• Creates, communicates and manages the project plan and other project related documentation and provide updates and revisions as necessary.
• Maintain and organize project documentation; including project charter and plan; business requirements; project budget; design reviews; use cases; test plans; schedules; and presentations utilizing on-line project tools and document repository.
• Coordinates requirements gathering; user acceptance tests; training; and deployment of projects.
• Develops and manages change control; quality; communication; and risk management plans for the project as appropriate.
• Provides status reports and presentations to CIO staff; business unit staff; senior leadership and business project managers as requested.
• Documents issues and tracks them to resolution. Escalates issues and decisions as appropriate.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering; MIS, MS, or MBA preferred
• 5+ years experience of successful technical project management, particularly in managing systems integration, data migration, infrastructure and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) projects.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) or Program Management Professional (PgMP) certification obtained or application in progress
• Proficient at leveraging project management methodology and proficient at working through and with others to deliver results that meet or exceed requirements and expectations; possesses strong skills in leading meetings, estimating, monitoring work, problem-solving and error correction, and keeping projects on track.
• Knowledgeable about software development processes, integration testing, infrastructure and architecture requirements. Familiarity with global applications architecture that is driven by web applications with backend systems and databases, specifically Oracle and SQL; general understanding and familiarity with MS Windows environment. Understanding of current computer hardware, software, broadband, wireless and mobile communication technologies, principles, best practices and industry trends in these areas; thorough understanding of information services management principles and methodologies including technology outsourcing.
• Strong business process orientation and superior planning and analytical skills
• Excellent documenting, communications and organizational skills
• Self-motivated and able to organize work for others
• Able to work quickly with attention to detail
• Knowledge of web and social networking technologies
• Experience managing projects utilizing Agile type methodologies
Please send your resume and cover letter stating why you wish to work for Habitat as ONE SAVED DOCUMENT.
HFHI is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veterans/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
|Job Title Modifier:||IT|
|Posting Id:||57 935|