MA, Carver – Executive Director
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Plymouth (HFHGP) is seeking a full-time executive director to execute the goals and objectives of the organization and to further its mission to build affordable homes and provide homeownership opportunities for low-income families in the Greater Plymouth area.
Reporting to the president and board of directors, the executive director will be responsible for the effective and efficient financial, operational and administrative management of HFHGP. The executive director will provide overall leadership for the affiliate in accordance with the mission, policies and objectives of the affiliate’s board of directors to promote the vision, direction, welfare and growth of the organization. Future financial sustainability will be a priority.
The executive director will interact with the board of directors, HFHGP committees, volunteers, homeowners, donors, town agencies/officials, Habitat International, community supporters and the general public. He/she will be the leading spokesperson for the organization in interacting with donors, grant makers, families, the Habitat community and the general public.
As part of an active team with board members, committees, and other supporters, the executive director will actively and enthusiastically articulate the mission and value of Habitat for Humanity of Greater Plymouth and the international organization. The executive director will be responsible for overseeing financial, reporting and fiduciary requirements and have chief administrative responsibility for the affiliate. He/she will recommend to the board changes to affiliate policies and procedures for effective and economical operation. In addition, the chosen candidate will oversee and provide leadership to fundraising, including annual appeals, major gifts, special projects, events, grants, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Commitment to serving low-income families and advancing the mission of affordable housing.
- Minimum three to five years’ experience in staff, executive or volunteer leadership in a nonprofit organization or business with a positive community-building purpose.
- Demonstrated leadership, organization skills, team building, problem solving, planning and implementation skills.
- Experience with construction, project management and/or affordable housing is highly desirable.
- A successful track record with fundraising and donor development.
- Willingness to be flexible in terms of some night and weekend hours to attend board/
committee meetings and/or HFHGP events.
- Excellent verbal, writing and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Must successfully complete a credit check and criminal background check.
Deadline for applying is Oct. 1, 2012. Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HFHGP is an equal opportunity employer.