Manager, Leadership Development
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
As a member of our Asia/Pacific (AP) Area Office (AO), this key position will work closely with the leadership of our National Organizations (NOs), Boards, and the AP AO staff to provide leadership, coordination and facilitation for talent and leadership development at our NOs and will play a key role in ensuring continuity of effective leadership and at a high level of organizational accountability through effective governance. You will work with Working with National Directors of our NOs in order to strengthen their leadership and governance in their country programs.
As the Leadership Development manager you will define an organizational talent management framework and components to ensure the effective nurture and retention of critical organizational skills, expertise and leaders, as well as, work with relevant parties in order to facilitate the implementation of organizational talent management and development initiatives based on the defined framework.
A major priority of Habitat for Humanity International’s work in Asia is to strengthen and assist in building the capacity of our NOs so that their work can to serve families is growing. You will report to the Director, Human Resources and Learning & Organizational Development and will be based out of our Manila, Philippines office.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Define an organizational talent management framework and components to ensure the effective nurture and retention of critical organizational skills, expertise and leaders.
• Design and ensure the delivery of a comprehensive orientation program for newly appointed NDs Support Area and NO management in defining and monitoring the progress with individual staff development plans that contribute to the strengthening of the organization.
• Design a leadership development framework and delivery plan for area and national senior leaders and their direct reports (ND and 2 levels below for NOs).
• Collaborate closely with Organizational Learning Manager to identify, access and develop appropriate resources for development programs and activities (including both internal and external resources) to build capacity at NOs.
• Oversee the implementation of leadership development across the AP Area, including delivery of training, facilitation of access to internal and external resources (for example, training courses, coaching and mentoring programs, etc.).
• Provide resources, materials and opportunities for relevant capacity building and development for board member selection and then to ensure their effectiveness is continuously improved.
• Analyze and identify opportunities for improvement to organizational effectiveness, synergy and alignment, resulting in greater efficiencies and a higher quality of service to internal and external stakeholders.
• Bachelor's Degree, and Master’s Degree in organizational development, leadership development, business management or similar field preferred. Please send your resume and cover letter stating why you wish to work for Habitat as ONE SAVED DOCUMENT.
• Ability to communicate, affirm and apply the foundational values and principles of HFHI in decisions, recommendations and actions while carrying out work assignments.
• Demonstrates knowledge of leadership requirements and characteristics as well as management and decision-making principles and techniques.
• Well-developed understanding of effective process design, management and facilitation.
• Experience in designing and managing projects to fully realize the potential benefits and impact.
• Well-developed understanding of consulting skills and adult learning methodologies, both for groups and individuals.
• Working knowledge of various learning technologies, including designing and distributing resources.
• Demonstrates good understanding of methodologies for managing and retaining the organization’s key talent, particularly at middle and senior management levels.
• The ability to speak, understand and write fluently in English. Fluency in one major Asian language would also be an advantage.
HFHI is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veterans/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Please send your resume and cover letter stating why you wish to work for Habitat as ONE SAVED DOCUMENT.
|Job Title Modifier:||Asia Pacific Region|
|Posting Id:||57 936|