Manager, Program Design, Monitoring and Evaluation
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
The Manager of Program Design, Monitoring and Evaluation (PDME), reporting to the Associate Director of Regional Programs, is responsible for the development and implementation of PDME systems and processes throughout the Area. This position advises and oversees National Organizations as well as HFHI program staff on many aspects of PDME including reporting and encouragement of best practices.
DUTIES/AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Vision and Planning
• Develop, implement and advocate PDME strategies that measure program and project capacity and impact, identify areas of strength and opportunities for growth, and promote best practices
• Lead Area-wide initiatives and activities that build program capacity through the effective use of PDME systems and processes
• Represents Asia Pacific on Global task forces and conferences as appropriate
• Supervises and advises Area PDME staff on technical aspects of PDME, including model or process research and design, piloting and evaluation
• Supervises direct reports, including planning, goal setting, staff development, and evaluation
• Develops tools in collaboration with National Organizations for measuring, monitoring and evaluating programs and projects at the local level and identifying qualities that contribute to a positive impact on target communities
• Builds PDME capacity through the design and implementation of an appropriate training curriculum
• Participates in programmatic audits and develop tools and methods for such audits, in collaboration with other stakeholders
• Conducts baseline studies and research for new program development, as required
• Identifies and monitors changes in institutional capacity and development indicators, defining tendencies and patterns, recurrent topics and information gaps in order to share them with decision-makers and others who may require such information
• Documents working procedures and lessons learned/best practices which could be shared with stakeholders and applied in the adoption of PDME techniques in other programs
• Participates in HFHI evaluation network, working with counterparts in the other Areas
• Coordinates work and exchanges ideas with other regional specialists and counterparts
• Develops partnerships with research and evaluation organizations and institutions, as needed
• Recruit and supervise short-term subject matter experts within the areas of PDME
5 years’ experience in program evaluation and/or organizational development and evaluation with some responsibility for conducting evaluations, statistical and qualitative analysis
At least one year working in a poor community or in popular education
At least one year working in an NGO, non-profit organization, Private Voluntary Organization or Social Service organization
In-depth field experience and leadership in participatory planning, research, and evaluation
Experience in designing organizational planning, monitoring and/or evaluation systems and procedures, standards, benchmarks, large multi-site evaluations or information systems
Undergraduate degree required
Master’s degree in a related field: evaluation, sociology, social work, international relations, international development, or others preferred
Strong technical expertise in strategic planning, evaluation, and social investigation, qualitative and quantitative analysis, multi-site evaluations, and standards of evaluation
Familiarity with qualitative and quantitative data analysis
Adult training and facilitation skills preferred
Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team
Fluency in English, both written and spoken
Fluency in other Area-specific language preferred
Decision-making and problem solving skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Please copy and paste your Resume/CV and Cover Letter stating why you wish to work for Habitat for Humanity International as ONE SAVED DOCUMENT.
HFHI is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
|Job Title Modifier:||Asia/Pacific|
|Posting Id:||54 223|