MI, Prudenville - Executive Director
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
Roscommon County Habitat for Humanity, a Christian, nonprofit organization that works to eliminate poverty housing in our county, is currently seeking an executive director. The successful candidate must be committed to our mission of improving people’s lives with decent, affordable housing as well as a good collaborator who works well with a variety of people including board members, local churches, community organizations, people in need, donors and volunteers.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- A bachelor’s degree (preferred but not required).
- Five years' supervisory or management experience in nonprofit work.
- An equivalent combination of education and work experience is acceptable.
- Results-driven approach to management, providing leadership and handling multiple projects and initiatives for the organization.
- Successful fundraiser through community events and grant writing.
- An independent “self-starter” who has superior written and oral communication skills that will work effectively with a wide diversity of people.
- Team-oriented, high energy individual who can work well with under pressure.
This is a full-time salaried position. Salary is competitive and dependent upon experience. Benefit package includes, medical insurance, paid holiday, sick and vacation.
Application packets must include:
- A complete chronological resume, including dates of employment and salary history.
- The names and contact information for four references.
- A cover letter with answers to the following questions:
- How has your personal and professional life experience prepared you and led you to apply for this position?
- How did you hear about this position?
To apply, submit the above information to:
firstname.lastname@example.org with “E.D. SEARCH” in subject box or by mail to:
1861 W. Houghton Lake Drive
Prudenville, MI 48651
Application deadline: February 28, 2013
Roscommon County Habitat for Humanity is an equal opportunity employer.