National Director, Cambodia
The National Director is responsible for the overall leadership in the development and execution of the country strategy. Individuals in this roles are held accountable to lead, direct, develop and manage HFHI resources ensuring quality, effectiveness and accountability in line with HFHI policies, protocols and standards.
This role is also responsible for developing the capacity of the National Organization to fulfill the purposes of Habitat for Humanity in the designated country. S/he enables sound organizational growth throughout the designated country through effective consultation on strategic and operational development. The National Director models servant leadership to the National Organization, its volunteers and staff, and its programs and partnerships.
•Model servant leadership and motivate the other leaders of the National Organization to effectively manage its vision and resources, and to skillfully shepherd its stakeholder and homeowner partners.
• Demonstrate and articulate the love and teachings of Jesus Christ and ensure that Asia/Pacific Area core values permeate the organization at all levels, but especially at the local level with communities and families in need.
Vision and Planning:
• Lead the Country Strategy and Business Planning process in coordination with AP Office.
• Drive and guide the team in order to accomplish the goals and objectives agreed on the Country Vision Alignment, reflecting Habitat principles and Asia/Pacific Area core values
• Ensure the implementation of the annual plan, supporting the team to achieve results and monitoring deviations to take actions and corrective measures whenever appropriate Integrate National vision into Asia/Pacific Area vision and purposes, allocating on average 10% time for Regional or Area initiatives.
• In consultation with HFHI Area Office, ensure organizational stability and sustainability by building a wise, skilled, committed, and balanced management team, marked by integrity and upholding the Habitat mission.
• Assist in recruiting qualified managers, , support policy development and serve as liaison between AP Office and the local staff and partners.
Human Resource Management:
• Recruit, develop, manage, and evaluate personnel to promote the purposes and achieve the goals of the organization, including staff, advisors, and volunteers.
• Develop and deploy effective training programs and equitable human resource systems to invest in and retain people of quality, who are devoted to the mission, as the primary resource of the organization.
• Develop a resource development plan in consultation with the HFHI Cambodia team and in collaboration with AP office.
• Support the team in assessing, evaluate and define proper interventions aligned with Habitat mission, the country strategy defined and the available resources in country.
• Guarantee that internal and external reports are reliable and submitted on time to the stakeholders
• Capitalize on opportunities and overcome obstacles to achieve program scale, stability, and sustainability growth goals in alignment with Habitat principles and Asia/Pacific core values.
• Oversee program planning, management, and evaluation through new and/or innovative partnerships.
• Evaluate, document, and report program results and ensure construction and appropriate technology quality control systems.
• Ensure effective volunteer recruitment, support and engagement in the program.
Stewardship and Accountability:
• In consultation with HFHI Area Office) ensure the fiscal, legal and programmatic integrity, efficiency, and effectiveness of the organization, including oversight of fiscal planning and budgeting, internal controls and external audits, mortgage tracking and statistical documentation, and accurate and timely fiscal and narrative reporting both to the Area Office and other donors.
• Ensure program stability and the security of capital by securing governmental registration and approval and/or negotiating binding partnership agreements.
Resource Development and Communications:
• Ensure the development of resources adequate to achieve short- and long-term strategic plans.
• Oversee the planning, implementation, and evaluation of annual resource development campaigns including deployment of systems, communications materials, and expansion initiative.
• Diversify constituencies creatively, including students and youth, international visitors, and faith groups.
• Represent the organization and maintain effective relations with all stakeholders, including government officials, donors and sponsors, partners, homeowners, and the public at large
• Ten or more years of successful international experience including five or more years effective senior management experience, preferably with Habitat for Humanity or in the non-profit sector within Cambodia
• University degree in a relevant field, such as international development or relations, public administration, management, civil engineering, and/or social sciences, a Master’s degree preferred.
• A track-record of effective and exemplary servant leadership and general management.
• Experience in managing people, budgets and other resources required.
• Excellent interpersonal, writing, and public speaking skills.
• Cross-cultural sensitivity, diplomacy, and adaptability.
• Proficient in English, both written and spoken.
• Proficient with word-processing, spreadsheet, database, and email software applications.
. • Good financial management and accounting skills.
• Familiarity with construction and appropriate technology preferred, but not required.
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of the local culture, society, laws and custom.
• Experience in Human Resources management.
• Proficiency in the primary working language(s) of the country of posting is preferred.
-Community development experience a distinct advantage
-Experience in serving on or the development of non-profit/NGO boards of directors, strongly preferred.
-Experience in non-profit/NGO resource development, plus a local and/or international network of prospective donors and constituencies
|About Habitat: |
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need. Habitat for Humanity has an Administrative Headquarters based in Atlanta, an Operational Headquarters based in Americus, Georgia, and Area Office bases of operations in Manila, Philippines for our Asia and Pacific work, San Jose, Costa Rica for our Latin American and Caribbean work and Bratislava, Slovakia for our Europe, the Middle East and Africa work.
HFHI is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
|Location:||Phnom Penh, Cambodia|
|Region:||Asia & the Pacific|
|Job Position Type:||International Employment|
|Job Function:||Finance / Accounting, Human Resources, International Programs, Resource Development, Strategy|
|Job Position Category:||Full-time - Salaried|
|Auto Req ID:||298BR|