NC, Davidson - Community Outreach Director
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
Our Towns Habitat for Humanity, a nonprofit organization, seeks a community development director to lead the strategic deployment of our programs and services so that their effects improve the quality of life in targeted neighborhoods and communities. The director is responsible for assessing the development goals and housing needs of communities, evaluating the opportunities to work collaboratively with other organizations and making recommendations for our leadership team to implement.
- Work with Our Towns Habitat for Humanity’s staff, government officials and local residents to identify community development goals based on the guiding principles of asset based community development, craft strategies for achieving those goals, supervise data collection and evaluation efforts and report on the outcomes.
- Develop and implement strategies to create internships or accredit training programs to support Section 3 grant requirements through work force training.
- Participate in community-based planning initiatives to develop and implement a plan for leveraging Our Towns Habitat for Humanity programs in order to advance community development efforts in targeted areas.
- Identify, cultivate and maintain relationships with individuals at key nonprofit, for-profit and government agencies to support our work in targeted communities.
- Collaborate with staff and partners to identify new program opportunities based on community need and available resources.
- Research, develop and present feasibility analysis of program opportunities to affiliate leadership.
- Manage new programs during research and pilot phase as needed.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive community investment program, incorporating the rehabilitation of limited income, owner occupied homes and community facilities.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and participate in strategy development and stewardship of selected organizations working within focus neighborhoods.
- Manage the success measures component of the Neighborhood Revitalization Initiative.
- Bachelor's degree in community development, housing, public affairs or urban planning preferred.
- Master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience in community development, including experience in housing or real estate development.
- Three or more years of experience in project management.
- Three years of supervisory experience at a manager or director level.
- Have an entrepreneurial, results-driven style and an ability to identify and implement creative approaches to housing procurement and development.
- Possess the people skills and versatility to effectively build and maintain relationships.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with good driving record.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Familiarity with the core tenets of community development.
- Exceptional leadership, management, supervision and motivational skills
- Functions well as a senior leader of a fully participative, engaged department, fostering a trusting and respectful environment.
- Comfortable with Habitat’s Christian identity and willing to communicate that identity to community partners.
- Possess strong oral and written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to relate to a highly diverse environment and clientele, including members of the board of directors, staff, contractors, neighborhood and community leaders, new homeowners, immigrant families, and corporate and other volunteers, interacting with charisma, grace and respect.
- Ability to develop and implement strategic plans.
- Complete commitment to service and quality.
- High energy and the ability to function effectively with a minimum of daily direction and support.
- Ability to solve problems and makes decisions independently in a creative and effective manner.
- Project development and management skills.
- Administer an effective decision-making processes.
Please send resumes and cover letter, including salary history to email@example.com or fax them to 704-896-8065. Please no phone calls.
Our Town’s Habitat for Humanity is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status or any other status or characteristic protected by law.