NC, Pittsboro - Construction Site Supervisor
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
Chatham Habitat for Humanity is seeking a construction site supervisor.
- Work with a dedicated and mission-driven team.
- Oversee the day-to-day construction activity on specific job sites.
- Work with other staff, volunteers and partner families to build and remodel energy-efficient, affordable, quality houses.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent level of experience in construction, engineering or related field.
- Computer skills in MS Office, Excel and other common computer applications.
- Detail oriented and committed to quality work.
- Five years of residential construction experience.
- Able to do physical work, climb ladders, work in tight or high spaces and stand for four hours at a time.
- Need to have knowledge about green building and energy-efficient construction.
- Need to have good people skills, be well organized, and be able to work well with others and independently.
- Previous experience with Habitat for Humanity desirable, but not required.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus.
- Helpful if have teaching or training experience, advanced construction skills and credentials and/or construction safety training desirable.
- Position will be 25-29 hours per week.
Pay commensurate with experience and skill level.
For more information, contact Construction Director Harvey Harman at email@example.com.