NC, Wilkesboro - Assistant Habitat ReStore Manager
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
Reports to: Habitat ReStore manager
Status: Full time
Wilkes Habitat for Humanity is seeking a full time assistant ReStore manager. The ideal candidate enthusiastically supports Habitat for Humanity’s housing ministry.
- Work in the ReStore’s retail warehouse setting, including in a donation receiving area, which reflects outside temperature (hot and cold).
- Work is fast-paced and constantly changing, including material handling:
- Five-speed truck
- Hand truck
- Pallet jack
- physical lifting of furniture and other donated items
- Product pricing and stocking.
- Interaction with customers, donors, volunteers and fellow employees.
- Help coordinate the acquisition of product donations.
- Keep accurate records following the ReStore marketing procedures.
- May supervise individual employees or volunteers as directed by the ReStore manager.
- Can communicate well with a variety of people, including assisting others.
- Ability to summarize a situation rapidly and act or react quickly and effectively is essential.
- The art of observation linked with anticipation is extremely helpful in problem recognition, problem prevention and the overall smooth flow within the workplace.
This is a rewarding position with a fast-growing affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International. The ReStore manager will begin accepting applications on January 8, 2014, and the listing will remain open until the position is filled. For a complete position description and application instructions, please visit: www.wilkeshabitat.org/about/employment/.
The benefits package for full-time employees with Wilkes Habitat for Humanity includes individual employee health coverage, paid sick leave and paid vacation.