NJ, Cinnaminson - Construction Manager
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
Habitat for Humanity International is a nonprofit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Full-time, exempt position
Reports to: Executive director
Habitat for Humanity of Burlington County, NJ (HFHBCNJ) partners with working families and engages the community to build homeownership. The construction manager, reporting directly to the executive director, leads the construction department to more effectively, efficiently and safely construct homes in partnership with volunteers and partner families. The construction manager is responsible for making regular reports to the staff and construction committee about construction efforts including progress reports, safety updates and financial tracking.
Successful Habitat team members share the following characteristics:
- You believe in a hand up, not a hand out.
- You have a “go above and beyond” attitude—nobody here works just for a paycheck.
- You thrive on constructive feedback and have a high level of integrity.
- You do what you say you will do.
- You are a creative problem solver that works across teams.
- You love results and hate excuses.
- Produce cost estimates and schedules for new Habitat developments.
- Work with construction committee to ensure cost effective, sustainable and buildable designs.
- Plan and manage material and subcontractor procurement.
- Supervise site supervisors at multiple sites including new construction and neighborhood revitalization efforts.
- Ensure that required inspections and permits are obtained.
- Lead HFHBC on-site safety program.
- Implement and oversee warranty program for new and existing Habitat homes.
- Assures homes are constructed in a quality manner.
- Represents the affiliate in a professional and caring manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Recommended skills and qualifications
- Commitment to serving low-income families and advancing the critical call for affordable ownership.
- Experience managing residential construction.
- Current and thorough knowledge of infrastructure, structural, plumbing, mechanical and electrical systems.
- Ability to maintain positive business relationships with subcontractors and local building inspectors.
- Working knowledge of building and planning codes.
- Ability to work with volunteers (who traditionally complete 60 percent of our construction work) in an effective, patient and supportive manner.
- Ability to coordinate the work of groups of inexperienced volunteers and help them individually find useful, productive, and rewarding contributions on the job site.
- Computer skills: Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, open, team-oriented, casual office setting.
- Ability to work nights and weekends when needed. Our primary workdays are Tuesday-Saturday.
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with experience.
Learn more about Habitat for Humanity of Burlington County, NJ at www.habitatbcnj.org. This position is based in Cinnaminson, NJ.
To apply, email the following to Lorileonard@habitatbcnj.org by March 30, 2013. Please include “Construction manager - your last name” in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Compelling cover letter with salary requirements.
- Current resume.
- Reference list.
Applications will be accepted through March 30, 2013 or until position is filled. Ideal start date for this position is April 15, 2013. Candidates will be contacted for interviews on a rolling basis. No phone calls please.
Habitat for Humanity of Burlington County is an equal opportunity employer.