NJ, Pennsauken - Executive Director
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
Reporting to the board of directors, the executive director will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for CCHH’s staff, programs and execution of its mission. They will initially develop deep knowledge of field, core programs, operations and business plans.
Fundraising and communications:
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for single and multi-year resource development efforts.
- Design and implement the major gifts program as well as solicit, cultivate and secure major gifts for CCHH.
- Research and analyze agency, corporate, individual and foundation donor base and recommended solicitation strategies.
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities.
- Develop strategic alliances with community leaders and local officials.
Leadership and management:
- Ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
- Actively engage and energize CCHH volunteers, board members, event committees and donors.
- Develop, maintain and support a strong board of directors; serve as ex-officio of each committee, seek and build board involvement with strategic direction for both ongoing local operations as well as for the national rollout.
The executive director will be thoroughly committed to CCHH’s mission. All candidates should have proven leadership, fundraising, coaching and relationship management experience. Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
- Advanced degree, ideally an MBA, with at least 10 years of senior management experience (or other relevant experience); track record of effectively leading and regionally and/or nationally scaling a performance- and outcomes-based organization and staff; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth.
- Strong fundraising, marketing and public relations experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget.
- Past success working with a board of directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable and innovative approach to business planning.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven and self-directed.
All inquiries into this position should be directed to email@example.com.