NY, New York - Individual Giving Manager
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
Reports to: Director of development
Position type: This is a full-time permanent position.
Habitat for Humanity New York City is seeking a motivated, innovative, experienced and organized fundraising professional to manage the Individual Giving program and help strengthen the organization's overall fundraising capacity. The Individual Giving manager is responsible for growing resources by developing strategies to increase annual revenue from individuals and family foundations through major gifts, monthly giving, direct mail and grants from foundations. The position will be responsible for all systems and processes related to Individual giving fundraising and will play a key role in stewardship of individual giving donors.
The Individual Giving manager will report to the director of development and work closely with all team members, including the CEO and board. Responsibilities will include the cultivation, stewardship and ongoing outreach to donors.
- Develop and implement comprehensive Individual Giving program that generates $1.5 million annually through major gifts, monthly giving, direct mail and foundation support.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit gifts and multi-year commitments from new and current donors and family foundations.
- Improve and invigorate recognition programs for Community Builder’s Society, individuals who contribute at least $1,000 annually.
- Work to diversify portfolio of investors, including current donors, high net worth contributors, board members and volunteers.
- Maintain weekly meetings with new and current donors, as well as arrange for meetings with other key staff.
- Develop and coordinate direct mail appeals with development associate and communications team.
- Develop new and current family foundation donors and other institutional gifts; prepare necessary materials, reports and grant applications to make successful funding requests.
- Provide the primary logistical and organizational support to connect and engage individual donors in our work, volunteering and the community.
- Serve as a liaison between donors and CEO, director of development and board to ensure individuals develop a meaningful relationship with Habitat NYC.
- Develop and fulfill donor benefits, gift recognition, correspondences and mailings.
- Collaborate with development and communications teams to create high quality donor communications and collateral materials and reports to keep donors engaged in events, programs or projects they have helped fund.
- Collaborate with the events manager to engage new donors and create donor recognition and fundraising events.
- Develop and maintain a robust and accurate database with in depth individual donor information.
- Generate regular activity reports and analytics on Individual Giving fundraising successes to director of development, CEO and board at regular intervals.
- Research and create a pipeline of prospective donors.
- Assist the director of development to fundraise for specific programs, projects and events.
- Utilize volunteers and/or interns to implement program as needed.
Required skills and qualifications
- Minimum of five years of fundraising experience, preferably in New York City.
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to think strategically.
- Motivated and enthusiastic, with the ability to own projects while asking for assistance when needed.
- Ability to think through and create/follow timelines.
- Excel at multi-tasking with various projects and deadlines; attention to detail a must.
- Comfortable with working in a collaborative environment, as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and presentation skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills that is effective with diverse audiences.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
- Computer fluency in MS office, Donor Perfect or other donor data base software like Raiser’s Edge, web applications and knowledgeable about the role of technology and electronic communication in fundraising.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, open, team-oriented, business casual office.
- Able to work nights and weekends as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Highly recommended skills and qualifications
- Experience working with diverse communities and housing or related issues.
- Passion and understanding of the Habitat for Humanity mission and the desire to promote it!
Salary is commensurate with experience. Please indicate desired salary in your cover letter. This full-time position offers health, dental and vision insurance, paid days off, retirement and other benefits, including potential for bonus.
To apply send your resume and cover letter via email to Tracy Cramer, director of development firstname.lastname@example.org with “Application for Individual Gifts Manager Position” in the subject line.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled. No phone calls please.
Habitat NYC is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workplace, and we support our staff with ongoing career development opportunities. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.