NY, Troy - Volunteer Coordinator (Part-Time)
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
The volunteer coordinator is responsible for all aspects of the volunteer program in Rensselaer County, New York, including recruitment, processing, education, retention and coordination of volunteers.
- Produce informational and educational materials for volunteer outreach.
- Respond to all individual volunteer inquiries.
- Make presentations and/or table at fairs, churches, schools, companies, civic groups, etc.
- Coordinate the scheduling of volunteers to meet the needs of the construction staff and build schedule.
- Prepare job descriptions for volunteer positions.
- Interview and place volunteers for specific needs such as committee, office and special events.
- Greet volunteers on the construction site Tuesdays through Saturdays; give the morning welcome, safety instructions and work scope overview; ensure volunteer liability waivers are signed.
- Oversee food, staging and related logistics for all builds.
- Monitor volunteer satisfaction; work with staff to handle any volunteer concerns or issues.
- Maintain volunteer records and statistics.
- Develop and implement volunteer appreciation programs.
- Track Partner Family sweat equity hours.
- Motivate volunteers and promote teamwork on-site.
- Contribute to blog for volunteer related articles.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the executive or associate director.
- Enthusiastic and teamwork focused with strong customer service orientation.
- Effective leadership and team building skills.
- Well organized, detail oriented and ability to multi-task.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Possess tact, diplomacy and flexibility.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Construction background highly desirable, but not required.
- Previous work supervising volunteers helpful.
HOURS: Tuesday – Saturday, approximately 20 hrs./week
Send cover letter and resume to Kelly Ferguson at Kelly@HabitatCD.org no later than January 6th, 2013.