OK, Norman - Executive Director
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
The executive director is responsible for the implementation of the goals and objectives of the organization, and with the president of the board, help the board of directors fulfill its role as the governing body and to give direction and leadership toward the achievement of the organization's philosophy, mission and goals. The executive director supervises all program and support staff, is responsible for fiscal management, is responsible for agency fundraising and coordinates all public relations and media opportunities. The position is a full-time, exempt position paid a salary and benefits as negotiated between the executive director and the board of directors.
- Give vision and leadership to the strategic and day-to-day program implementation of CCHFH programs and services.
- Implement and direct fund development, including identification of funding prospects, grant shaping, and collaboration with foundations and judicatories. Lead the board in fundraising.
- Guide CCHFH board of directors and staff on emerging issues among the disadvantaged in Cleveland County.
- Develop partner relationships within the community to strengthen service delivery.
- Maintain good stewardship of all agency funds and ensure all funds are used in the manner prescribed by the grant maker or donor.
- Create and monitor the annual budget to ensure the agency is operating within its fiscal capabilities.
- Be knowledgeable on the organization’s compliance issues with Habitat for Humanity International, local, state and federal law that govern the family selection, construction and human relations issues of the organization.
- Oversee the family selection process with the committee chair to ensure compliance of all federal and HFHI regulations.
- Serve as CEO, providing direction and supervision to both program and support staff.
The executive director/CEO is accountable to the board of directors. The direct supervisor is the board president.
- Serves as the chief executive officer to the board of directors as a non-voting member and as a staff resource to the board of directors.
- Serves as the primary spokesperson for CCHFH.
- Strong management and supervisory skills and experience.
- Able to represent CCHFH in a professional manner.
- Demonstrates leadership ability in strategizing and coalition building.
- Demonstrates effectiveness and lead experience in fund development.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in retail and/or construction preferred.
- Bachelor's degree required; master’s degree preferred.
Send resume, references and salary requirements to email@example.com, or mail them to CCHFH, 1835 Industrial Blvd, Norman, OK 73069.