PA, Allentown - Construction Director
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
- Oversee all aspects of Habitat for Humanity of Lehigh Valley's construction process in a way that uses staff, volunteer labor and materials to produce quality homes in a safe affordable manner.
- Position includes scheduling, planning, procurement, working with subcontractors, site selection, working with architects, zoning, building permits, site management and the unique opportunity of working with volunteers.
- Develop and sustain effective home preservation function within the context of the Habitat Neighborhood Revitalization Initiative.
- Goal-driven, results-oriented and committed to the organization’s goal to build and repair homes.
- Understanding of HFH Lehigh Valley’s mission, history, values, goals and ability to communicate this information to diverse groups of volunteers, sponsors and the community.
- Implement construction related areas of HFHLV’s strategic plan.
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills both face to face and with all appropriate media including telephone, email and texting.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member with staff and volunteers from diverse races, faiths and backgrounds.
- Ability to plan, schedule, prioritize, coordinate, delegate and manage multiple work activities.
- Ability to read and interpret standard residential construction blueprints and specifications.
- Familiarity with relevant OSHA requirements and energy efficient construction practices.
- Ensure compliance with insurance, waivers, age requirements and other HFHLV construction and personnel related policies.
- Scope of Work assessments for repairs and NRI work.
- Maintain HwHLV properties and grounds.
- Possess appropriate contractor and vehicle licenses.
- Ability to operate all applicable construction equipment and machinery, lift 100 lbs., sit, walk, carry, push, pull, climb and bend.
- Function in working conditions of exposure to extreme temperatures, loud noises and other situations associated with outdoor work.
- Flexibility with work assignments and work hours.
- Bachelor's degree in construction management or equivalent experience.
- Residential building construction experience.
- Demonstrated management and leadership abilities.
- Spanish language fluency is preferred but not required.
Please send resume to email@example.com. Deadline for application is February 21.