PA, Chalfont - Resource Development Officer
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
Scope of responsibilities
The resource development director is responsible for increasing the capacity of Habitat for Humanity of Bucks County to build simple decent affordable housing. Initiatives include cultivating new and existing donors including individuals, corporations and foundations.
The resource development director will plan and implement all fundraising strategies including but not limited to appeals, sponsorships, grants and special events. In addition, the development director will ensure compliance with all funding requirements established by all donors, foundations, institutions and government entities.
- Develops and implements the short-term and long-term fundraising plans to meet the operating and program needs of the organization.
- Plans, implements and evaluates all donor appeals to ensure retention of existing donors and cultivation of new donors.
- Researches, identifies and engages major donors, maintaining ongoing relationships and encouraging long-term support of Habitat’s mission. Coordinates donor-related activities and recognition with other departments as necessary.
- Identifies, writes and monitors grants for the affiliate. Ensures that all compliance requirements are met and that all reporting is accurate and timely.
- Leverages established relationships with donors, volunteers, board members and colleagues to cultivate new sources of support.
- Solicits donors for in-kind support including building materials, office supplies, and administrative and professional services.
- Provides leadership to all fundraising events and activities and supports the fundraising components of other departmental programs.
- Ensures that the donor database information is current and accurate, and provides for analysis of all reporting associated with fundraising efforts.
- Ensures that all donors are appropriately recognized in a timely fashion.
- Provides income and expense projections for all development related programs for inclusion in the organizational budget.
- Represents the organization on evenings and weekends as required for fundraising contacts.
- Serves as staff lead for fundraising and event committees, Women Build programs and participates in meetings and operations as needed.
- Ensures that detailed procedures for all processes of the development department are drafted, implemented and evaluated regularly.
- Gathers and manages marketing and public relations requirements from all departments to support events, programs, and general organizational objectives.
- Leads the coordination, creation and distribution of all printed communication materials including but not limited to brochures, advertisements and the newsletter.
- Serves as the primary liaison to all media contacts, providing timely and compelling information.
- Protects Habitat For Humanity of Bucks County from liability, and reports potential concerns to the executive director in a timely manner.
- Performs other additional tasks as assigned by the executive director.
Skills and experience preferred
- Experience of four to six years in raising funds for a nonprofit organization.
- Firm understanding of fund development concepts and principles.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in supervising others or leading a team.
- Experience in motivating and coaching volunteers.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with authority and integrity.
- Computer literate, with demonstrated experience in Word, Excel and common nonprofit database software programs.
- Communicates in an engaging and professional manner.
- Values a team-oriented approach to decision-making and problem solving.
- Works effectively both individually and in a team environment.
- Demonstrates organizational and follow-through skills.
- Uses an analytical approach to problem solving.
- Exercises excellent judgment.
- Works with integrity.
- Provides and receives feedback constructively.
- Uses discretion when dealing with sensitive or confidential matters.
Position reports to: Executive director
Please send cover letter and resume to Florence Kawoczka at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.