PA, Lancaster - ReStore Warehouse Supervisor
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
Habitat for Humanity seeks a motivated team player to assist customers, receive, process, and organize donated materials and goods for resale for benefit of local Habitat construction. Full-time with benefits, Tues-Sat.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Valid PA driver’s license.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Familiarity with building materials and products, cabinetry and furniture preferred.
- Able to lift up to 75 lbs., perform heavy manual tasks, work standing or walking for a full workday and be capable of performing outside duties under all weather conditions.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations for safe and efficient warehouse operations of equipment, tools, vehicles and heavy equipment. (Forklift certification preferred or willing to obtain within first 90 days).
- Must be people-oriented, flexible, enthusiastic and willing to advocate the faith-based mission of Habitat for Humanity.
- Team player, self-starter, able to work independently and manage staff and volunteers to delegate daily work schedules.
Lancaster Area Habitat for Humanity is an equal opportunity employer. Send resume with work history and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 10, 2013, or mail to human resources, LAHFH, 443 Fairview Ave., Lancaster, PA 17603. No phone calls, please. Job candidates will be required to complete a background check.