Quality Assurance Construction Senior Specialist
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI), in conjunction with its Superstorm Sandy response efforts, is seeking a dedicated professional for the role of Quality Assurance Construction Specialist (Sandy). This position will play a key role in monitoring and guiding technical elements of the overall construction program. This individual will work closely with project stakeholders to establish and sustain consistent processes and outcomes. It is anticipated that this position will be a one-year assignement. This position is based in the New York City area and requires up to 50% travel within the affected region.
• Oversee and perform quality assurance activities related to the HFHI's Superstorm Sandy response efforts.
• Provide direct technical assistance and consultation to construction teams with emphasis on construction best practices, building science and agreed upon building standards.
• Liaise with construction staff to create a shared knowledge base to ensure standard building practices.
• Collect and report data critical to tracking the results and success of the program, including assisting project personnel to improve internal record-keeping and reporting.
• Create and review reports related to data that identify trends in Quality Assurance standards and identify themes that may need additional follow-up or training.
• Conduct trainings for staff regarding Quality Assurance and be able to present the rationale for meeting minimum standards.
• Develop standards for dealing with environmental issues (i.e. mold, asbestos, lead-based paint, etc.) and deliver training to project staff.
• Conduct site inspections to validate the ongoing progress and quality of projects.
• Facilitate reallocation of project funds as needed with regards to non-compliance.
• Create and revise QA data reports and present to project leadership as needed.
• Develop and/or create technical assistance modules and follow-up processes/procedures.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. • Demonstrated knowledge of building science and residential construction. • Experience in construction quality control, including monitoring and reporting of outcomes. • Experience providing training and technical guidance to staff around construction practices and techniques. • LEED or other industry certifications a plus.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
• Demonstrated knowledge of building science and residential construction.
• Experience in construction quality control, including monitoring and reporting of outcomes.
• Experience providing training and technical guidance to staff around construction practices and techniques.
• LEED or other industry certifications a plus.
Please submit your resume and cover letter as ONE DOCUMENT into our applicant tracking system.
HFHI is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
|Job Title Modifier:||Sandy|
|Posting Id:||56 323|
|City:||New York City|