Regional Finance Manager
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
Our Area Finance team provides the financial management and oversight for our Asia/Pacific area’s assets and resources in 20+ countries throughout the region. As a member of our Regional Finance team, you’ll work directly with the Grants Manager to assist the Programs and/or Resource Development department in the development and design of grant proposals, you’ll partner with the Internal Controls Manager to provide valuable feedback to support and develop local programs, and you’ll coordinate with key departments to ensure the financial and statistical reports reflect the most accurate and reliable information possible. You consider yourself an analytical individual, capable of taking complex issues and working through the various elements to provide sound advice to management on the strategic planning, development of the area, and implementations of the various programs throughout Asia/Pacific.
As an added ‘plus’ to the role, you’ll enjoy travelling to new and exciting places while meeting people from all walks of life. You will utilize your passion and intricate understanding of nonprofit finance to further the amazing work in the Asia/Pacific area. As a member of this team, you’ll interact with individuals at all levels throughout the organization, whether it is the CEO or CFO from a National Organization or a member of a partner organization. Additionally, you are responsible for managing staff that provides the financial support with the National Programs, including financial analysis and monitoring. You will work out of our area satellite office in Manila.
2. Grant Management in coordination with Grant Manager
3. Internal Controls in partnership with the Internal Controls Manager
4. Promote Sustainability / New Business Models in conjunction with the Programs Associate Director
• 5+ years relatable experience in an NGO or nonprofit financial management position; would prefer some experience in micro-finance
• 2+ years’ applicable experience in developing/managing projects with international financial institutions such as the World Bank, the Asian Development Bank, or other similar development banks
• Master’s degree or equivalent experience in the business, economic, or finance sector
• CPA or other accounting and/or finance certification given preference
• Proven ability to communicate fully (written and spoken) in English
*Please note that candidates who are local nationals or permanent residents will be given first priority in search.
Please cut and paste your cover letter and resume as ONE DOCUMENT into our applicant tracking system.
HFHI is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
|Job Title Modifier:||Asia/Pacific region|
|Posting Id:||56 010|