Savings Technical Services Coordinator
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Housing Finance Professional to serve as the Savings Technical Services Coordinator for our Asia/Pacific region. HFHI’s strategy for housing finance in Asia Pacific calls for an innovative solutions in access to credit, savings and financial education for housing improvement for low income communities. The Savings Technical Services Coordinator will provide technical support and oversight of a grant to pilot and study commitment savings for home improvement with teams in selected countries. The position requires working with both independent Habitat for Humanity National Offices (NOs) and HFHI branches, requiring exceptional interpersonal and consulting skills.
The incumbent’s duties include:
Provide Technical Support to Savings Program for Home Improvement
1. Support and guide project team and key leadership of NOs and branches in the implementation and project management.
2. Adapt housing microfinance toolkit for microsavings as needed.
3. Provide on the job training in advising financial institutions to project management teams in identified countries.
4. Capture learning in the form of case studies, etc.
5. Monitor and evaluate the pilot program including: defining metrics and benchmarks for success; establishing reporting systems for financial institution partners and NOs and providing technical support.
6. Promote Research: Support the research agenda for savings pilot-program.
Other Housing Finance Initiatives
1. Capitalize on opportunities to build the Habitat for Humanity brand.
2. Identify and support new expansion opportunities through tie-ups, co-branding and partnerships.
3. Support fundraising activities as necessary.
4. Represent HFHI at conferences and other forums and maintain relationships with housing finance stakeholders.
5. Carry out additional responsibilities and projects as assigned, including administrative and planning functions.
· 4+ years’ experience in the banking industry with experience in developing and/or managing savings products
· Knowledge of housing finance and microfinance
· A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university required
· Written and Spoken English fluency; fluency in one major Asian language a distinct advantage
· Program or project management experience would be a plus
*Please note that candidates who are local nationals or permanent residents will be given first priority in search.
Please cut and paste your cover letter and resume as ONE DOCUMENT into our applicant tracking system.
HFHI is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
|Job Title Modifier:||Asia/Pacific Region|
|Posting Id:||55 363|