SC, Anderson - Habitat ReStore Manager
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
Manage the Habitat ReStore resources in a professional manner assuring that the income over expenses meets and/or exceeds that goal established by the board. This is to be accomplished in part by managing personnel and expenses and soliciting sales and donations. The manager reports directly to the executive director.
Primary job duties
- Manage Habitat ReStore facilities, equipment and vehicles to ensure safety of employees, volunteers, customers and others.
- Develop and implement programs to enhance sales, salvage, product acquisition, marketing and advertising integrated with local and national strategies.
- Effectively train, manage and lead staff (paid and volunteer) in a productive and positive manner in a retail environment.
- Develop, refine, implement and communicate measures of financial effectiveness for the Habitat ReStore concept to ensure growth and consistent high quality of all operations.
- Provide high quality, consistent customer service experience in the Habitat ReStore and ensure issues are professionally resolved and reported in a timely basis.
- Maintain Christian values.
- Schedule store employees and volunteer work hours to assure that the store is adequately covered at all times.
- Maintain a clean and safe work and shopping environment.
- Price merchandise for maximum return.
- Schedule donation pick-ups in timely manner
- Conduct semi-annual staff evaluations
- Develop and maintain an accounting system that provides for an accurate and complete history of all cash and other transactions by utilizing the current cash register’s data recording capabilities and the computerized accounting system. This system should include a written and signed history of all cash withdrawal transactions to include refunds and petty cash withdrawals.
- Determine staffing requirements and submit proposals for changes to executive director for board approval.
- Interview and hire all new store employees after board approval.
Please ask them to fax their resume to 864-375-9075 or email to email@example.com.