SC, Johns Island - Habitat ReStore Assistant Manager
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
Reports to: Habitat ReStore manager
- Assist the manager in certain administrative and operational functions of the SIHH ReStore.
- Assist the manager in achieving operational, financial, administrative, volunteer and customer goals.
- Opening and closing of the Habitat ReStore for scheduled daily hours.
- General oversight of store operations and volunteer management in coordination with other team managers.
- Daily sales/cash register reconciliation and deposits.
- Work closely with the SIHH volunteer coordinator to attract and retain volunteers by:
- Developing a daily and weekly schedule of volunteers with assigned times and areas/tasks. Track volunteer hours monthly by volunteer type.
- Developing and updating training program for new volunteers; personally training new volunteers or assigning a volunteer staff member to train the new volunteers.
- Overseeing and coordinating the activities of the Habitat ReStore volunteer committee.
- Scheduling regular training for new staff members and current staff members on new policies and programs.
- Producing daily and weekly truck schedules for pickups and deliveries and coordinate driver/helper schedules with warehouse manager.
- Assisting Habitat ReStore manager in developing and implementing marketing and public relations campaigns for increasing donations and sales.
- Maintaining the volunteer manual and job descriptions and assignments under the direction of the Habitat ReStore manager and the volunteer committee.
- Working closely with the warehouse and deconstruction managers to ensure store policies and procedures are followed.
- Overseeing display and organization of showroom sales areas jointly with warehouse manager to ensure all items are properly priced and ticketed for sale.
- Assisting warehouse staff as required to maintain orderly flow of items in warehouse and outside yard.
- Overseeing selection and pricing of collectible items in-store and online.
- Overseeing and maintaining daily/weekly task assignments and records.
- Maintaining accurate mailing list of donors and customers.
- Achieving excellent customer, donor and volunteer ratings.
Skills and qualifications:
- Computer knowledgeable; including Microsoft Word and Excel (PowerPoint a plus), QuickBooks (including POS software). Must have willingness to learn other programs as needed.
- Self-motivated, reliable and enthusiastic. Enjoy working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to handle and defuse challenging situations with tact. Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Commitment to safe working environment.
- Ability to provide leadership and supervision to staff and volunteers while also having the ability to perform most tasks in the absence of staff or volunteers.
- Ability to operate office equipment including copiers, fax machines, etc.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Minimum three years’ work experience, preferably one year in a management role.
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus.
- Prior experience in construction/deconstruction a plus.
Critical performance outcomes
- Ensure that the six-day store operation is staffed appropriately with employees and volunteers for optimal customer service needs.
- Create and implement an ongoing public relations campaign to highlight the many features of the store to create a place for the store in the community.
- Ensure the accuracy of daily register reconciliation with volunteers.
- Maintain an effective and well-trained base of volunteers.
- Fulfillment of responsibilities described above.
Please apply for this position by submitting your cover letter and resume to John Rhoden at email@example.com.