Senior Development Officer, Individual Giving - East (Based in New York)
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is seeking a seasoned professional for the role of Senior Development Officer (East). This position will be responsible for managing relationships with major donor prospects determined to have the ability to make gifts at or above $100k. As a skilled networking professional, the successful candidate must demonstrate tenacity in building relationships with individuals and foundations. This position is charged with developing and implementing strategies for securing financial support from a portfolio of 150+ donor prospects. The candidate must possess the ability to convert relationships into financial gifts that will ensure annual fundraising goals are met or exceeded. This position will be based in New York City.
Critical Few Objectives:
1. Establish a strategic and systematic focus on closing six-figure commitments from high net-worth individuals
2. Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward qualified prospects and donors, managing a portfolio of approximately 150 qualified relationships in a defined territory
3. Conduct and/or coordinate face-to-face visits, and other activities with donors.
4. Meet or exceed multi-million dollar annual revenue goals
1. Establish a strategic and systematic focus on closing commitments of $100,000 to 500,000 from high net-worth individuals
2. Develop a caseload of active major gifts prospects, and carry out strategies for solicitation of these prospects
3. Work independently and be self-motivated in initiating contacts with potential donors
4. Routinely engage board members, organization executives and current donors in peer-prospect identification, visits, and six figure closings
5. Collaborate with team members and Special Gifts colleagues to analyze portfolios and strategize upgrades, and with Corporate Programs colleagues to cultivate individual gifts from corporate partner executives
6. Demonstrate a keen sense of curiosity for donors – seeking to “crack the code” of what compels each donor to give substantially by asking the right questions – and able to personally adapt as needed to meet the needs of donors
7. Compassionately articulate the Habitat story
8. Guide the development of compelling proposals and oversee the development of creative presentations and reports
9. Close complex agreements for Diaspora gifts, Campaign, Planned Gifts and Financial Products
10. Provide accurate and timely activity and pipeline reports and revenue forecasts
1. BA/BS required, MBA and CFRE preferred
2. 5+ years of front-line experience in leadership gifts development in a large, nationwide setting, preferably as part of a nationally deployed team
3. Demonstrated track record of successful fundraising in an environment of similar complexity.
4. Experience in a multi-national federated organization with the ability to thrive
5. Collaborating with others in a complex, matrix-structured, dynamic organizational environment.
6. Ability to engage senior managers and board members in donor visits, and to earn and maintain their confidence
7. Successful experience closing complex six-figure commitments including planned gifts, campaign and endowment gifts, and investment options
8. Superior presentation skills, including the presence to deal effectively with diverse constituencies including principal donors, Board members, national staff and leadership in the field.
9. Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write and speak clearly and effectively, and to listen, and an unusual capacity to engage, inspire and persuade
Candidates, please cut and paste your cover letter and resume as ONE DOCUMENT into our applicant tracking system when applying.
HFHI is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
|Posting Id:||57 715|