Specialist - Volunteer Engagement (Thrivent Builds Worldwide)
Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is in search of a motivated Volunteer Engagement Specialist who will organize around 80 short-term domestic and international mission trips of volunteers per year, and help coach trip leaders toward success.
This individual will build collaborative relationships and work closely with members of the Thrivent Builds Group, the Volunteer Mobilization department and other HFHI departments and staff to oversee all aspects of coordinating the Thrivent Builds Worldwide volunteer experience. This position will be based at HFHI's Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia.
ABOUT THE THRIVENT BUILDS WORLDWIDE PROGRAM
The Thrivent Builds Worldwide program is part of the Thrivent Builds with Habitat for Humanity partnership between Habitat for Humanity International and its largest nongovernmental donor: Thrivent Financial.
Thrivent Builds Worldwide trips are short-term mission trips where teams of volunteers travel for 1-2 weeks to Habitat affiliates around the world to help build housing solutions in partnership with families in need of decent shelter. Through this amazing program, participants:
- Get an opportunity to create positive change in the world.
- Learn about poverty housing, development challenges and Habitat’s mission to eradicate them.
- Experience the community’s culture, language and social practices while working alongside homeowners and volunteers of all backgrounds, races and religions.
- Take part in a transformative, lifelong journey that may ignite a passion for making this world a better place.
- Provides a positive, meaningful and safe volunteer experience that participants jointly associate with Thrivent Financial and Habitat for Humanity.
- Recruit and engage US-based volunteers in volunteer programs by enthusiastically and effectively communicating Habitat for Humanity and Thrivent's Financial missions and impact on eliminating poverty housing.
- Help oversee the detailed process of coordinating all aspects of the volunteer experience while providing high value service. This includes:
- managing relationships with team leaders and institutions.
- coaching team leaders toward success with recruiting goals and meeting trip milestones.
- responding quickly and accurately to volunteer participants and team leaders.
- immediately following-up with screening, matching, placement, training, monitoring of records and databases.
- following-up with team leaders throughout the experience.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the hosting program staff and National Organization staff and be knowledgeable on those areas' needs.
- Maintain documents such as standard itineraries and budgets, catalog profiles and coordinate strategies to promote volunteerism and resource development.
- Work closely with the Global Village Support Team to ensure accurate and timely distribution of expense and donation funds to team leaders and/or host programs.
- Special projects and other tasks as assigned.
- Represent Habitat for Humanity and Thrivent Builds Worldwide at conferences, trainings, and site visits.
- Bachelor's degree; will consider equivalent experience in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience, including program management and coordination experience, especially with a multi-cultural team or within an international environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively and enthusiastically communicate Habitat and Thrivent’s mission.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a positive attitude.
- 2+ years of experience working with Microsoft Office software, especially Excel, and the ability and desire to learn new computer applications and databases.
- Strong skills in problem-solving and multi-tasking.
- Must be able to lift 20lbs. Typical office setting, limited travel may be required. Fast paced environment with medium-high stress based on multiple projects, deadlines, timelines and the need to react quickly and respond quickly.
- Experience organizing short-term mission trips.
- Certification in Volunteer Administration (CVA) or equivalent experience.
- Non-profit experience.
|About Habitat: |
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need. Habitat for Humanity has an Administrative Headquarters based in Atlanta, an Operational Headquarters based in Americus, Georgia, and Area Office bases of operations in Manila, Philippines for our Asia and Pacific work, San Jose, Costa Rica for our Latin American and Caribbean work and Bratislava, Slovakia for our Europe, the Middle East and Africa work.
HFHI is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
|Job Position Type:||US Employment|
|Job Function:||Administrative, International Programs, Operations, US Programs, US Affiliate, International National Organization|
|Job Position Category:||Full-time - Salaried|
|Auto Req ID:||1814BR|