TX, Dickinson - Habitat ReStore General Manager
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
Reports to: Executive director
- Manages the overall operations and performance of the affiliate Habitat ReStore.
- Strives to achieve the annual budget for the ReStores.
- Supervises, trains, and motivates immediate subordinates and other staff.
- Management responsibilities include ReStore sales, customer service, paid and volunteer staff performance, safety, security and maintenance of the facilities and BAHFH property.
- Participates in ReStore marketing activities and ensures donors customers and volunteers have an excellent experience when working with the ReStore.
- Establish policies and procedures for the safe, secure and high quality performance of all aspects of ReStore activities.
- Hire and train immediate subordinates; establish annual performance goals for each and monitors performance results, formally reporting results at least annually.
- Establishes pricing and inventory policies in conjunction with subordinate management and outside advisors. Reviews pricing policy monthly to adjust as necessary for changing market conditions.
- Oversees scheduling of all store activities including staff schedules, volunteer schedules, auctions and other special events. Guides the operations manager in these tasks.
- Performs or ensures that thorough welcoming and safety briefings are conducted for all volunteer groups, and non-regular volunteers. Such briefings are to be given to regular volunteers at least annually.
- Monitor all task checklists for proper completion and ensure evaluation notations are complete.
- Review monthly the condition of exterior and interior physical plant and develop project plans for necessary maintenance and improvement.
- Work closely with BAHFH donation coordinator and the ReStore marketing committee to maintain and grow the donor base and contributions.
- In conjunction with the BAHFH, the ReStore marketing committee, design advertising and image-building programs to raise the store’s visibility in the community and build the customer base.
- Oversee the store display, arrangement of items and best use of the available display space and use inventory control system to ensure appropriate turnover of aging stock.
- Track sales data to determine customer items in demand; develop donor base to assure customers get what they are looking for and become repeat customers.
- Maintain sales, accounting and banking records for the ReStore; install appropriate computer systems to ascertain records correctly kept and donors appropriately tracked.
- Works with the executive director, board of directors and individual committee functions relating to store activities. Provide briefings on activities.
- Represent ReStore before various local and community groups.
- Develop relationships with other area ReStore managers to identify “best practices” and programs that are mutually beneficial.
Skills and qualifications:
- Computer knowledgeable including Microsoft Office, QuickBooks, and POS software.
- Ability to operate office equipment, trucks, warehouse and other equipment.
- Self-motivated, reliable and enthusiastic; able to work with and motivate people with diverse backgrounds and capabilities.
- Ability to provide leadership and supervision to staff and volunteers with capability to perform most store activities.
- Ability to handle and defuse challenging situations with tact, and demonstrate good conflict resolution skills.
- Commitment to a safe, secure, attractive and friendly work environment.
Critical performance outcomes:
- Meeting goals set forth in annual financial plan.
- Managing and motivating employees for best use of skills in fulfilling objectives.
- Managing pricing and inventory for selection and turnover.
- Developing and building strong volunteer support.
- Meeting donor and customer expectations.
- Maintaining safety and security, and condition of properties.
- Developing and implementing appropriate computerized systems.
Applicants can send their resumes to email@example.com.