US Volunteer Projects Manager
Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is in search of a US Volunteer Projects Manager, who will be responsible for managing development of opportunities to engage volunteers with Habitat for Humanity. This position involves working to expand current volunteer programs in the United States, particularly focusing on the Global Village program and disaster recovery. The US Volunteer Projects Manager will work closely with all members of the Volunteer and Institutional Engagement division and other HFHI departments and staff, to oversee all aspects of developing and managing the volunteer experience.
This position is located at our Operational Headquarters in Americus, GA.
- Engage and manage US-based volunteers in volunteer programs. Work closely with the Volunteer & Institutional Engagement division and other U.S. volunteer programs to develop and implement social media projects and fundraising initiatives. Collaborate with other HFHI departments/staff to oversee the detailed process of coordinating all aspects of the volunteer experience. This includes managing relationships with team leaders and institutions, working with team leaders to set fundraising goals and promoting leadership/fundraising resources. This person will also be responsible for monitoring and evaluating the volunteer experience and making program decisions on their own when necessary.
- Serve as the Volunteer and Institutional Engagement's primary spokesperson for the U.S. Habitat affiliates and State Support Organizations to manage volunteer program expansion, develop strategy, and create training for volunteer program hosting sites. Creation of documents such as standard itineraries, budgets, and orientation and marketing materials. Collaborate with peer Managers in other departments to design, develop and promote strategies and training focused on volunteerism, advocacy, and funding development.
- Develop volunteer opportunities and associated fundraising strategies in support of special events, disaster response/recovery and other special projects.
- Provide guidance to the Volunteer Engagement Support coordinator to ensure accurate and timely distribution of expense and donation funds to team leaders and/or host programs.
- Represent Habitat for Humanity and U.S. volunteer programs at conferences, trainings, and site visits.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 3 years of related work experience, including project management and program management, preferably at a national level.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including strong interpersonal skills and positive attitude.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience with fundraising and marketing.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Self-starter who can work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Leadership and training experience.
- Strong commitment to excellent customer service.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft software, internet, and basic office equipment.
- Ability and desire to learn new computer applications and databases.
- Experience and/or familiarity with Habitat for Humanity, especially US affiliates.
- Previous fundraising experience specifically with a non-governmental organization (NGO).
|About Habitat: |
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need. Habitat for Humanity has an Administrative Headquarters based in Atlanta, an Operational Headquarters based in Americus, Georgia, and Area Office bases of operations in Manila, Philippines for our Asia and Pacific work, San Jose, Costa Rica for our Latin American and Caribbean work and Bratislava, Slovakia for our Europe, the Middle East and Africa work.
HFHI is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
|Job Position Type:||US Employment|
|Job Function:||Marketing, US Programs|
|Job Position Category:||Full-time - Salaried|
|Auto Req ID:||389BR|