UT, St. George – Habitat ReStore Manager
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
Reports to: Executive director
Supervises: Habitat ReStore staff, volunteers, National Service personnel, Easter Seals personnel
MissionGenerate revenue, meet budgets and maintain profitability objectives in support of local affiliate operations through the acquisition, management and marketing of the Habitat ReStore and its products. Create positive visibility of Habitat of Humanity of Southwest Utah in the local community.
- Responsible for the overall management and administration of the Habitat ReStore.
- Manages day-to-day operations, marketing, and public relations activities of the ReStore. Implements and drives programs for donation.
- Provides sustained network development to expand the scope of Habitat ReStore activities and develop long-term, collaborative relationships with community based business, groups, churches, donors and others to secure donations and raise awareness of Habitat for Humanity of Southwest Utah’s mission in the community.
- Operations management, including consistent, safe and positive development of associates and assets in order to provide a high quality donor and customer experience.
Areas of responsibility:
- Participate in the development and implementation of short-term and long-term strategies, vision, goals and objectives.
- Develop strategies for soliciting contributions and support of potential suppliers and donors.
- Increase community involvement and awareness of the Habitat ReStore and its mission.
- Coordinate promotion of the Habitat ReStores and affiliates respective missions.
- Implement and maintain approved policies and procedures relating to personnel, operations, and administration.
- Maintain, educate and train all personnel (staff and volunteers) on safety in the workplace.
- Provide accurate accounting records of revenues, expenses, daily sales transaction and deposits.
- Coordinate all receiving, stocking, inventory and pricing of donations.
- Manage recruitment, training and recognition of Habitat ReStore volunteers.
Implementation and infrastructure:
- Provide adequate training to staff and volunteers in adherence to approved policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all city, state, federal and Habitat for Humanity International safety standards and comply with incident procedures.
- Maintain current files and records for employees, volunteers, donors and safety issues.
- Ensure proper record retention in accordance with HFHSWU policies and procedures.
- Monitor competitive merchandise market environment (pricing and practices) and make adjustments accordingly.
- Market the Habitat ReStore through all available media channels in an appropriate and cost-conscious manner, including but not limited to TV, print, radio, social media and website.
- Represent the program through personal contacts, public speaking engagements and one-on-one meetings.
- Ensure staff and volunteers are knowledgeable about the Habitat ReStore and HFHSWU’s programs and local activities.
- Code payable invoices upon receipt and ensure prompt delivery to office manager.
- Participate in preparing and maintaining budgets.
- Provide monthly reports on staff, operational and financial matters to the executive director.
- Ensure exemplary customer/donor service is provided and grievances are professionally handled.
- Ensure proper maintenance (including housekeeping) of facility, equipment and vehicles (including forklifts).
- Recommend for hire, train and manage Habitat ReStore staff in accordance with personnel policies.
- Facilitate a positive, team-oriented environment in which all staff and volunteers are given the opportunity to achieve their full potential.
- Address and document violations of approved policies and procedures by staff and recommend action regarding chronic or serious situations.
- Evaluate staff performance in accordance with job descriptions and performance evaluation procedures and recommend performance actions to executive director.
- Verify employee timecards, total hours, and provide accurate information to office manager.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- A seasoned professional with strong leadership, facilitation and consensus attainment skills.
- Education and experience, which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential job function.
- Minimum associate’s level degree required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business/marketing or five years of experience in retail management are highly desirable.
- Familiarity with cash controls and financial reports.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to make independent decisions based on policies and best practices.
- Ability to lead, train and manage staff and volunteers in a positive manner.
- Knowledge of sales, marketing and construction materials.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Computer skills needed, including word processing, spreadsheets, email and social media experience.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and unexpected shifts in priorities.
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds. Work may require climbing ladders, considerable standing, bending, kneeling and reaching.
- Valid driver’s license and successful passage of a DMV record check.
- Ability to secure and meet state required amount of personal automobile liability insurance.
- Successful passage of a criminal background check.
This is an exempt position reporting directly to the executive director. Work schedule is varied, Monday through Saturday, with some evening and weekend requirements.
Benefits and compensation
HFHSWU offers a medical benefits package, paid vacation and holidays. Salary is commensurate with experience.Candidates are to send their resume with a cover letter in Word or PDF format to email@example.com.
Habitat for Humanity is an equal opportunity employer.