VA, Arlington - Marketing & Media Manager
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
The ultimate goal of Habitat for Humanity is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the face of the earth by creating simple, decent and affordable homeownership. Furthermore, all of our words and actions are for the ultimate purpose of putting shelter on the hearts and minds of people in such a powerful way that poverty and homelessness become socially, politically and religiously unacceptable in our nation and world.
Habitat for Humanity of Northern Virginia is the northern Virginia affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International. Habitat’s mission is to bring together people from all walks of life to build decent, affordable houses for very low-income families in our community. The community we serve includes Fairfax County, Arlington County and the cities of Alexandria, Falls Church and Fairfax. Volunteers are the backbone of Habitat for Humanity of Northern Virginia – building our homes, running our Habitat ReStores and supporting our administrative office.
As the marketing and media manager of Habitat for Humanity of Northern Virginia, you will create, execute, manage and coordinate all marketing and media relation activities for our affiliate and the Habitat ReStores. The marketing and communications manager will work with staff, committees and board members to ensure the widely respected Habitat for Humanity brand is conveyed to the public in order to further the mission of Habitat Northern Virginia and its Habitat ReStores.
Responsibilities, opportunities and challenges
As the marketing and media manager you will be responsible for managing the use and enhancement of the Habitat for Humanity of Northern Virginia brand, in close coordination with the development director and volunteer manager.
During your tenure, you will:
Represent Habitat for Humanity, Northern VA in the community in which we serve.
- You will be the primary point of contact for all media inquiries, community events and Habitat ReStore marketing opportunities.
- Identify means and methods to promote Habitat Northern Virginia and the ReStores in the community and coordinate these efforts.
- Maintain media contact list – write and distribute press releases.
Oversee all ReStore marketing campaigns and participation in community events.
- Our ReStores participate in a number of community events throughout the year, including the Capital Home & Garden Show at the Dulles Expo Center, an annual Interior Design event, as well as anniversary events at both Habitat ReStores.
- This position is responsible for preparation and execution of the Habitat ReStores’ participation in all community events, in coordination with the Habitat ReStore staff.
- You will also create, manage, coordinate and execute all Habitat ReStore marketing campaigns throughout the community, to increase sales at both stores.
Serve as a staff representative to the marketing committee and the Habitat ReStore committee. Work with the committees to develop and implement a comprehensive marketing/media strategy for the affiliate and the Habitat ReStores.
Actively manage all social media, blogs and websites for the affiliate and Habitat ReStores. Updates will be coordinated with the development, construction, Habitat ReStore and volunteer management teams.
Coordinate the production of all affiliate and Habitat ReStore materials. Write, design and manage the production and distribution of media releases, ads, brochures, newsletters, fund development solicitations, direct mail, website updates and other communications materials for both the affiliate and ReStores. Manage marketing and advertising budgets for both Habitat ReStore and affiliate in coordination with development director.
Create, manage, coordinate and execute all affiliate advertising and marketing campaigns. Work with the director of development to plan, develop and execute the workplace giving campaign, the year-end giving campaign, the Mother’s Day campaign, all builds, rehabs and A Brush with Kindness campaigns and Cars for Homes campaigns.
Qualifications of the ideal candidate:
- Bold, visionary team member with a strong commitment to Habitat for Humanity’s affordable housing mission.
- Bachelor's degree in advertising/marketing/graphic design or equivalent combination of education and experience in a nonprofit environment.
- Excellent communication and people skills, including public speaking.
- Immaculate organizational skills.
- Contagious enthusiasm, passion, drive and energy. Must be a self-starter.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Ability to work efficiently in an unsupervised environment while juggling multiple tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Experience with developing, executing and interpreting success of a comprehensive marketing plan as well as evaluate marketing and communication efforts; tracking media “hits" and other indicators of effectiveness.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office, mass email programs such as Constant Contact, Convio, Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Raiser’s Edge, Adobe Creative Suite, Wordpress and some HTML skills.
- Personal experience as a volunteer.
- Ability to effectively relate to and work with volunteers and families of diverse races, cultures, faiths, income levels and skill levels.
- Strong conceptual and technical graphic design abilities.
- Understanding of the latest trends, such as social media and how to optimize design for those platforms.
Occasional nights and many weekends required.
Applications including a cover letter describing your interest and qualification, your salary requirements and your resume should be sent to:
Please title the subject of your email "Marketing and Media Manager Position."
Habitat for Humanity of Northern Virginia
716 S Glebe Rd.
Arlington, VA 22204
No phone calls, please.