VA, Arlington - Office Manager
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
Department: Finance and administration
Terms of employment: Full-time
Job summary: The office manager performs administrative work to support the management of daily operations for the Habitat for Humanity of Northern Virginia office, assisting both the finance manager and the director of development in specific assignments that further the progress of their respective departments. Position is supervised by director of operations in conjunction with the director of development.
- Coordinating and directing office support issues.
- Managing the office/events calendar.
- Tracking and ordering office supply inventory.
- Overseeing equipment maintenance and vendor relations.
- Coordinate and provide support for affiliate and staff meetings.
- Manage mail flow
- Open, date stamp, sort and distribute incoming mail.
- Purchase stamps, and coordinate postal and mailing supplies.
- Make sure that outgoing mail is posted on a daily basis.
- Manage front office
- Coordinate the purchase and organization of office supplies.
- Act as liaison with landlord/church on housekeeping items.
- Coordinate the ordering of regular collateral materials; business cards, letterhead, etc.
- Act as liaison with outside contractors and vendors.
- Schedule locations and meals for board meetings and committees.
- Assemble Habitat NOVA credit card bills, track down receipts and organize for payment.
- Complete monthly filing.
- Call vendors with billing questions as needed.
- Keep track of board and executive committee minutes.
- Assist with audit prep.
- Coordinate and provide support for fundraising campaigns and selected resource development tasks that raise crucial funds to support the organization. Provide support and coordination of special events; i.e. Annual Benefit Breakfast, house dedications and groundbreaking ceremonies, fundraisers and volunteer fairs.
- Handle inquiries from supporters, providing information and accepting monetary and in-kind donations from the general public.
- Tracking board "give and get" totals and providing necessary reports.
- Coordinating and managing volunteers in the office.
- Record, track and print out pledges made through workplace giving campaigns and matching gift companies.
- Coordinate America’s Charities/United Way/CFC Workplace Giving events
- Liaison to America’s Charities and CFC in regards to Workplace Giving Fairs.
- Coordination of affiliate’s staff participation at WPG events during campaign season.
- Collecting donor data from campaigns and forwarding to data staff.
- Coordinating promotion of workplace giving campaigns to the public.
- Coordinate outreach event calendar; collect and prepare materials to be used at trade shows/workplace giving events, etc.
- Attend trade shows and miscellaneous outreach events as Habitat for Humanity of Northern Virginia spokesperson.
- Serve as liaison to printers; obtaining quotes, gathering specs and placing orders for brochures, posters, flyers and other marketing materials.
- Act as back-up administrator for social media sites, such as Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Organize and maintain promotional materials in a central location and produce packets and binders when necessary.
- Familiarity with, and ability to speak about, the mission, principals, structure and programs of Habitat for Humanity and Habitat NoVa.
- Other duties as assigned.
- As the first person that most of with whom our supporters interact, this highly visible position requires tact and excellent customer service skills.
- Positive phone manner, ability to provide answers and route calls appropriately.
- A flexible, agreeable individual, who is able to address and prioritize frequently changing priorities.
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks in a busy workplace environment.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word and Excel.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Experience in special events coordination or customer service.
Education/Training: High school diploma or equivalent required, college degree preferred.
- Indoors in air-conditioned/heated office, outdoors/indoors on-location for various activities.
- Equipment use:
- Includes use of PC, laser printer, copy machine, fax machine and telephone.
- Includes transportation and use of banners, displays and marketing materials.
- Work hours:
- 40 hours per week.
- Occasional, various evening, weekend and holiday hours may be required.
Mental, physical and communication demands:
- The mental, physical and communication demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office location requires regular use of stairs.
- Work at outreach events requires ability to transport self and materials to various locations outside of office.
- Requires effective public speaking in a clear and professional manner.
- Requires working alone or with minimal supervision. Must be self-motivated.
- Requires patience and tact when working with difficult, emotional or angry people.
- Requires ability to work in team environment, with multiple supervisors and across department lines.
- Requires attention to detail.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Inga James, HFHNV716@gmail.com, by January 31, 2014.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job related duties required by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.