VA, Norfolk - Business and Retail Management Internship
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
Habitat for Humanity of South Hampton Roads – a nonprofit organization located in Norfolk, Va., seeks a college graduate with a degree in business to join our mission to create safe, decent and affordable homes for citizens living in South Hampton Roads.
Job description: Position designed to relocate Habitat SHR Portsmouth General Store, and open and staff a new general store in Chesapeake, Va. This opportunity will include some of the following tasks:
- Finding a suitable, affordable and marketable store location for the Portsmouth General Store.
- Create a smooth transition for store customers and employees to new location.
- Creating marketing strategies for transitioning the Portsmouth General Store to another location.
- Find a suitable, affordable and marketable location for the new Chesapeake General Store.
- Reach out to community, civic leagues, faith based organizations and volunteers organizations to staff the Chesapeake General Store.
- Perform the administrative work to support the relocation of the Portsmouth General Store and opening of the Chesapeake General Store.
- Work with the retail director to create policy and procedure manuals for retail stores.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, business administration, business development or economics.
- Working background in retail sales, management or operations.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and the ability to network and communicate with a wide demographic of people.
- Familiarity with South Hampton Roads area.
- The ability to work 20 to 25 hours weekly with some flexibility
If interested, please send in a cover letter and resume by February 10, 2014 to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, post Business and Retail Management Internship
Please no phone calls.
This position will report directly to retail manager.