VA, Norfolk - Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
Status: Full time
Hiring Range: $28,000 to $35,000
Supervisor: Director of development and community engagement
General position description:
Responsible for coordinating and executing the marketing, communications and public relations functions for Habitat for Humanity of South Hampton Roads.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Conceptualize and create print and electronic visual materials to be used as educational, promotional and fundraising vehicles for Habitat SHR.
- Execute tactics to maintain donor and consumer engagement online. Oversee the content management of the affiliate’s website, ensuring that all information remains relevant/current. Maintain and execute an effective presence on social media platforms to include but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Develop, implement and execute an effective media relations plan. Write and circulate press releases, track exposure and maintain result driven relationships with media.
- Provide special event logistical support and design presentation and marketing materials for the annual Dream Builder’s Luncheon, galas, donor and volunteer recognition and appreciation events and home-related ceremonies (ground breaking, wall raising, dedications, etc.).
- Develop and implement an effective, promotional advertising campaign for the Habitat SHR and Habitat General Stores on an annual basis.
- Support development in creating regular digital and print newsletters, annual appeals, donor and sponsor materials, annual reports and other materials as needed.
- Develop, maintain and grow relationships with outside vendors to ensure the best possible value for the organization.
- Uphold and enforce the integrity of the Habitat for Humanity International branding guidelines for all purposes within Habitat SHR through business cards, letterhead, advertisements, and other collateral and promotional materials.
- Other marketing duties as assigned by the director of development and community engagement, director of family services, director of retail operations and executive director.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and three to five years of experience are required.
- Professional graphic design experience preferred with expertise in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Ability to work collaboratively on a team and independently as well as multi-task and work under tight deadlines.
- Excellent written, oral communication, project management, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of and commitment to Habitat for Humanity of South Hampton Roads’ mission and principles.
- Because of the volunteer nature of Habitat’s programs, some evening/weekend work will be required.
Please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.