WA, Richland - Director of Development
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
Tri-County Partners Habitat for Humanity
Reports to: Executive director
Type of position: Full time
- Bachelor’s degree or CFRE (Certified Fund Raising Executive) credential.
- At least three years successful fundraising experience.
- Familiarity with fundraising for nonprofit organizations.
- Leadership and team skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Commitment to the mission of Habitat for Humanity.
- Membership in the Association of Fundraising Professionals desired.
- Experience with DonorPerfect or fundraising databases desired.
The director of development, working with the executive director and the board of directors, will set fundraising goals and strategy and execute and implement a full range of development activities to ensure the financial stability of Habitat for Humanity. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Create and manage yearly development budget, and assist in draft of annual budget with the executive director for approval by the board.
- Develop a comprehensive development plan including timelines, goals, strategies and committee job descriptions, and provide development reports to executive director and board.
- Identify and pursue new sources of corporate, church and foundation funding.
- Work with the executive director and the board in major donor solicitation and cultivation.
- Expand the individual donor base, and foster relations with existing donors to maintain and increase support.
- Work with staff, board and volunteers to design events that build support and enthusiasm for Habitat’s mission, including one to two primary fundraising events per year.
- Train and guide the board development committee for personal fundraising.
- Oversee maintenance of donor tracking system and timely production of bulk mailings, thank you letters and development progress reports.
- Work with the grant officer to identify new grant opportunities appropriate for the affiliate.
- Work with volunteer coordinator to package individual and employee volunteer fundraising opportunities.
- Network with the philanthropic community through appropriate membership organizations.
Salary and benefits: Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Benefits include personal and sick days, and nine paid holidays. Simple IRA matching plan option after two years of employment.
Applications can be downloaded at http://www.habitatbuilds.com/home/about/career-opportunities/
Deadline is February 28.