WI, Green Bay - Warehouse Worker
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
Job description: The warehouse worker will work under the direction of the operations manager to determine what materials will go directly to the sales floor and what items will be stored in the warehouse until needed. The warehouse worker will be responsible for keeping the warehouse area of the Habitat ReStore neat and orderly. The warehouse worker will work with Habitat ReStore volunteers to receive donations at the loading dock door. The warehouse worker will help volunteers to move donated items to the sales floor.
Equipment used: Electric forklifts, pallet jacks, two and four-wheel dollies and other material handling equipment as needed.
- Must have a high school diploma.
- Experience in a warehouse setting is beneficial but not required.
- Must be able to work with the public and volunteers at the Habitat ReStore in a professional and respectful manner.
- Must have a forklift operator’s license for the equipment used at the Habitat ReStore.
Supervision given: None. However, the warehouse worker will help to direct the activities of volunteers on the loading dock and warehouse with guidance from the operations manager.
Supervision received: The operations manager will be responsible for day-to-day supervision of this position.
Hours: 30 hours per week as scheduled by the operations manager. Availability Tuesday through Saturday is required.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Must be able to lift up to 150 lbs. on an occasional basis.
- Must be able to get on and off material handling equipment without assistance.
- Must be able to walk over uneven surfaces such as the parking lot and back yard.
- Must be able to clearly communicate with donors, volunteers and staff.
Location: Greater Green Bay Habitat for Humanity ReStore, 2965 Ramada Way #B, Green Bay, WI.
Email resumes by November 2 to Bill Seleen, Habitat ReStore director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.