WI, Madison - Volunteer Manager
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
The QTI Group is partnering with Habitat for Humanity to recruit and hire their next volunteer manager. The volunteer manager is responsible for the recruitment and scheduling of volunteers to work at various Habitat for Humanity home sites. The schedule for the volunteer manager is Tuesday-Friday (mutually agreed upon hours) and Saturday from 8 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. This is a paid staff position offering a competitive salary and benefits package.
- Recruit Habitat volunteers.
- Schedule all individual and group volunteers into construction site workdays.
- Work with construction manager to create volunteer build schedules for each house/neighborhood.
- Support, train, equip and coach home sponsors and satellite builds prior to and during the home building experience.
- Foster positive and productive workdays in conjunction with construction staff, site hosts, lunch providers and volunteer crew leaders.
- Coordinate and lead special events such as panel builds, Global Youth Service Day, volunteer appreciation events, and the Super Bowl.
- Solicit and track feedback from volunteers and make recommendations for needed changes.
- Make non-construction volunteer opportunities available to the public by defining volunteer projects, recruiting people to fill them and delegating them to appropriate staff/committee supervisor.
- Manage volunteer recognition through thank-you letters, award programs, annual event and other stewardship programs.
- Coordinate and schedule homeowner sweat equity in partnership with family services.
- Visit construction sites and drop off food when necessary.
- Track and oversee hospitality materials for worksites.
- Ensure volunteer information is entered into database.
- Collaborate with Habitat ReStore volunteer coordinator on volunteer recruitment, recognition, tradeshows, volunteer fairs, etc.
- Habitat is seeking an individual who has proven outstanding organizational skills and communication skills to build relationships with construction volunteer teams and ensure adequate volunteer staff levels for a variety of projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, administration, public relations or equivalent.
- Minimum of two years of experience managing and coordinating volunteers strongly preferred.
- Experience in nonprofit organization highly preferred; donor development experience is a plus.
- Construction experience would be beneficial.
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong computer skills to include the use of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Exceptional problem-solving skills; ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong understanding and appreciation for the mission of Habitat for Humanity.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.