WI, River Falls - Resource Development Manager
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
The resource development manager reports directly to the executive director and is responsible for the planning, organizing and implementing of all aspects of St Croix Valley Habitat for Humanity resource development. This includes activities and campaigns to achieve financial and in-kind resource goals in support of our mission. S/he will serve as the driving force in donor prospecting and cultivation, while strategically establishing a diverse portfolio of sustainable revenue streams. The resource development manager manages the daily operations of the development office and empowers staff and volunteers to successfully contribute to resource development.
Key duties and responsibilities
Works closely with the executive director and the St Croix Valley Habitat for Humanity team to:
- Establish annual development goals and an implementation plan for meeting or exceeding goals.
- Cultivate relationships with existing and potential major donors.
- Design, conduct and/or oversee fundraising events, annual fund appeals, special appeals, special and capital campaigns, deferred giving programs, grants and any other projects that result in the achievement of development goals.
- Establish and work with the resource development/finance committee, explore creative new financing mechanisms while providing effective leadership and support for the committee.
- Manage community outreach.
- Communicate regularly and strategically through writing, telephone, email, social media, face-to-face, website and various publications with targeted individuals, constituent groups and the general public.
- Manage, maintain and steadily improve the organization’s constituent resource management system using appropriate database management system (CIVICRM and other software) to achieve a high degree of accuracy and reliability for communication and campaign analysis.
- Supervise the volunteer coordinator, interns and volunteers as appropriate.
- Contribute to strategic expansion of organizational resource development competencies, and assist the executive director in empowering other SCVHFH staff and members of the board of directors to build a strong culture of successful fundraising within the organization.
- Develop, maintain and enhance personal knowledge, skills and expertise by regularly reading relevant professional journals, participating in local, regional and national continuing education seminars, and by creating and maintaining an active network of professional colleagues.
- Perform additional tasks as needed.
- Consistent, passionate representation of the purpose and mission of the Habitat for Humanity organization.
- Motivated by achievement of goals, quick learner, self-directed, capable of working both independently and interdependently with teams.
- Eagerly, regularly pursue new, enhanced, and/or expanded relationships through diverse media.
- Exercise discreet judgment and confidentiality.
- Willingness to contribute evening and/or weekend work hours as required.
- Travel mainly within our service area (St Croix and Pierce counties) and as appropriate regionally and nationally.
- Capacity to thrive in an environment of rapid change and relative ambiguity.
- Fundamental respect of human rights and compassion for all beings.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Minimum three years of direct, demonstrable experience in successfully leading and implementing fundraising efforts and/or successfully achieving sales and marketing goals.
- Experience in the development and successful implementation of annual and special appeals, capital campaigns, major donor cultivation, special events and deferred giving programs.
- History of working directly with governmental funding program opportunities (local, state and federal).
- Demonstrable experience in managing staff and volunteers, supporting a board of directors, recruiting and organizing volunteers and working productively as a member of a team.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with experience in leading edge electronic communication techniques.
- Demonstrable experience using current Microsoft Office software, plus strong experience in constituent resource management—preferably with CIVICRM or similar system.
Salary commensurate with experience. Available benefits include health care, retirement plan, paid vacation, holidays and sick days. Training and travel expense reimbursement provided.
Send a cover letter, resume, writing sample and three references (collectively totaling no more than six pages in no less than 10 pt. font) to:
Dr. Jim Farr, Executive Director
St Croix Valley Habitat for Humanity
116 E. Elm St.
River Falls WI, 54022