WY, Cody – Executive Director
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need.
Habitat for Humanity has an Operational Headquarters in Americus, Georgia and an Administrative Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and is a global, non-profit ministry where our employees build futures and lives.
Mountain Spirit Habitat for Humanity in Park County is currently seeking an executive director. Mountain Spirit Habitat for Humanity is a Christian, nonprofit organization that works to eliminate poverty housing in Park County. The executive director provides leadership and manages multiple projects and initiatives for the organization.
This job involves a strong emphasis on fundraising and financial management as well as managing staff, volunteers and operations. The successful candidate will be committed to the organization’s mission of improving people’s lives with decent, affordable housing as well as a good collaborator and comfortable working with a variety of people including board members, local churches, community organizations, people in need, donors and sponsors.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Six years of management or supervisory experience, some of it in a nonprofit organization is desired.
- A bachelor’s degree is preferable but not required.
- An equivalent combination of education and work experience is acceptable.
- We seek someone who has good written and oral communication, strong interpersonal skills and passion.
- This job requires a team oriented, high energy individual who can work well with a variety of projects, demands and deadlines.
- position is full time and requires occasional evening and weekend work.
The MSHFH offers competitive compensation. For more information about Mountain Spirit Habitat for Humanity, visit mshfh.org.
Interested candidates should send their cover letter, resume, references and salary history by October 4, 2012 to executive director search c/o D. Wiegand, 1325 Meadowlane Avenue, Cody, WY 82414, by email to email@example.com. For more information, please call Denise Wiegand at 307-250-1278.
Habitat for Humanity is an equal opportunity employer.