Shelter Report 2010
The case for low-income homeowners
Habitat’s second Shelter Report focuses on the important role of low-income homeownership in the United States. The report discusses the impact housing has on families’ lives and tools for how they can succeed as homeowners.
Given the current economic climate, falling home prices and the high rate of foreclosures, now more than ever, low-income homeownership in the United States can give families self-sufficiency and a path out of poverty.
View the report by topic
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer to view these documents.
- Executive summary
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Making homeownership possible: Then and now
- Chapter 3: Benefits of homeownership for low-income families
- Chapter 4: Tools for success for low-income families
- Chapter 5: Conclusions and policy recommendations
- Endnotes: Resources
- About advocacy
- Issues we advocate
- Take action
- Publications and resources
- Habitat on the Hill
- Contact us