How to apply - Habitat for Humanity AmeriCorps
We welcome individuals of all backgrounds and skill levels to help us eliminate substandard housing and serve more families.
As Habitat for Humanity AmeriCorps opportunities become available, they will be posted on a rolling basis. Be sure and check back often for new opportunities to serve. Thank you for your interest!
If you are interested in applying, please begin the process now, using the instructions below:
1) Make sure you:
- Are a U.S. citizen, national or lawful permanent resident.
- Are 18 or older.
- Have a high school diploma or GED.
- Check each position description you are interested in for other specific requirements.
2) Create a profile through My AmeriCorps:
- A profile is required before applying for any position.
- Create your My AmeriCorps online profile now.
3) Search for opportunities:
- Once you have created your profile, you may search for and apply to specific service opportunities through My AmeriCorps.
- View current Habitat for Humanity AmeriCorps openings on Habitat.org.
- Once you find an opportunity you would like to apply for, log in to your My AmeriCorps profile.
- On the left hand menu select “Applicant Home,” and then “Search Listings.”
- Select the program type you are interested in (AmeriCorps State/National or AmeriCorps VISTA, if applicable).
- Designate the state where the opportunity is located (if applicable).
- Under program name, type either “Habitat for Humanity” or the specific “Host Site Name” from our current openings list.
- Finally, click the “Apply Now” button and follow the steps provided.
5) Follow these tips for completing your My AmeriCorps profile and application(s):
- In your Motivational Statement, explain why you are interested in committing to a year of service.
- Make sure you have two completed references. References cannot be friends or family.
- Placements are competitive; we suggest you apply to multiple opportunities.
Thank you for your interest in serving with Habitat for Humanity!