Home improvement projects featured on the ReStore blog
We launched the Habitat ReStore blog on Earth Day this year, and so far it has been a huge success, reaching thousands of people in the first month. Our posts range from do-it-yourself ideas and home improvement projects to green living tips and reuse possibilities, and we’re a resource for those looking for inspiration or for those just looking for tips on how to live a little greener.
Home improvement project examples
Because our ReStores carry such a large and diverse inventory, there are plenty of home improvement projects we can feature. Recent projects include:
- How to create a sink vanity and grill stand out of wood pallets.
- A video series showing how to repurpose vintage furniture and other items found at our ReStores.
- Small projects, such as how to restore a piece of vintage furniture.
- Artistic projects, such as how to paint ceramic tiles for use as coasters and light switches.
- Projects involving power tools, such as how to make a coffee table out of antique cabinet doors.
Great ideas are always coming in from ReStores around the country, and this new blog gives us the chance to share innovative projects. It’s easy to miss potential opportunities to reuse vintage items — whether from the ReStore or around your own home — but the possibilities are endless. The ReStore blog allows us to explore and share those possibilities.
To submit your own creative ideas, email your projects or green living tips to firstname.lastname@example.org, and be sure to check back frequently for home improvement projects, do-it-yourself ideas, reuse possibilities and more.
Habitat ReStores are nonprofit home improvement stores and donation centers that sell new and gently used furniture, home accessories, building materials and appliances to the public at a fraction of the retail price. Habitat for Humanity ReStores are proudly owned and operated by local Habitat for Humanity affiliates, and proceeds are used to build homes, community and hope locally and around the world.