2012 Jimmy & Rosalynn Carter Work Project
The 29th annual Jimmy & Rosalynn Carter Work Project returned to Haiti as part of its two-year effort to strengthen and support Habitat's work in Haiti.
- President and Mrs. Carter, and a team of volunteers returned Nov. 23-Dec. 1, 2012 for a second year in a row to build homes in Léogâne.
- Léogâne is considered to be the epicenter of the January 2010 earthquake.
- The CWP in Haiti is part of a larger Habitat shelter program to construct desperately-needed housing in Léogâne.
- The shelter program is funded by donors, including the Multilateral Investment Fund of the Inter-American Development Bank.
A World Habitat Day event
The CWP was the culmination of our two-month observance of the need for safe, decent and affordable shelter, and the pivotal role of housing in community development.
Ths observance began on World Habitat Day, Oct. 1.
About Habitat for Humanity Haiti
- At work in Haiti for more than 28 years.
- Provides new home construction, progressive building, home repairs or improvements and land reform advocacy.
- Teaches construction skills, disaster risk reduction and financial literacy.
- Works in coordination with community and government agencies.