Publications and resources
Explore some of Habitat for Humanity’s resources on housing and international development.
|Video: Affordable Housing After the Great Recession (Part 1) | Watch Part 2|
Every World Habitat Day, Habitat for Humanity International releases its annual Shelter Report, which highlights shelter issues around the globe. The Shelter Report is a useful tool for Habitat’s work on Capitol Hill, our local affiliates and for others who support their advocacy and fundraising with research.
- 2013: Affordable Housing and Strong Communities
- 2012: Housing Cities After a Disaster
- 2011: Partners Against Poverty
- 2010: The Case for Low-Income Homeowners
- 2008: Building a Secure Future Through Effective Land Policies
Global Housing Indicators:
The Global Housing Indicators (GHI) collects consistent, objective, comparable information on the policy environment for adequate and affordable housing. It provides evidence for action. It is a neutral basis on which advocates can engage with local and national governments to embrace policies that work, and change those that impede progress.
- The Challenge of an Urban World (9mb .pdf)
- From Policy to Practice (6mb .pdf)
- The Global Partnerships act of 2011
- Housing Finance at a Glance (163kb .pdf)
- The Role of Microfinance in Improving Slums (297kb .pdf)
- Habitat for Humanity and AmeriCorps: Partnering For Results (350kb .pdf)
- A How-To Guide for the Legal Sale of Property in Haiti
- Interfaith advocacy tool kit (646kb .pdf)
- International Interfaith advocacy tool kit (1mb .pdf)
- Youth advocacy tool kit (314kb .pdf)