Habitat on the Hill
The annual legislative conference for Habitat for Humanity International
Habitat on the Hill 2015
Feb. 10–12, 2015
Habitat on the Hill is an event held every year where affiliate staff, board members, homeowners and volunteers gather in Washington, D.C., to learn, network and hold face-to-face meetings with decision-makers on Capitol Hill.
Habitat on the Hill provides direct access to members of Congress for new and seasoned advocates who are concerned about the 1.6 billion people around the world in undeniable need of adequate housing. You are invited to be part of our energized collective presence on Capitol Hill as we advocate for affordable housing solutions and sound policies in the United States.
This engaging event also includes:
- Informative workshops and breakout sessions.
- Engaging key note speakers.
- Opportunities to network with fellow Habitat for Humanity staff and supporters.
- Hill visit preparation.
- Building ongoing support for advocacy efforts in your own community.
In addition to current topics, the conference addresses the following:
- How advocacy furthers Habitat’s mission.
- Habitat’s legislative priorities and the work of our local affiliates.
- How budgeting and sequestration can affect Habitat’s work.
- Habitat’s foreign aid reform work.
- Raising awareness with Congressional members on the potential effects of regulation on Habitat affiliates.
For more information or to inquire about sponsoring Habitat on the Hill 2015, email email@example.com.
Thank you to The Home Depot, Premier Sponsor of Habitat on the Hill 2015.