indiaBUILDS -- Habitat for Humanity Int'l 1
indiaBUILDS is a five-year campaign of HFH India, designed to provide decent shelter for 250,000 people by 2010 with the support and engagement of 1 million people around the world. Each year, indiaBUILDS will feature a headline event to build support, enthusiasm and capacity. In 2006, this event is The Jimmy Carter Work Project.
- House 50,000 families by 2010.
- Improve the quality of life and future for 250,000 people.
- Mobilize 1 million volunteers and supporters from India and around the world.
- Raise US$100 million to provide housing to 250,000 people:
- -US$65 million through supporters
- and donors.
-US$35 million through the savings of homeowners.
- The campaign efforts will also result in a US$50 million revolving housing fund.
- Develop a focused network of individuals, corporations, civic groups, nongovernmental organizations and governments across the world dedicated to ending poverty housing.