Meet the blogbuilders -- Habitat for Humanity Int'l 1
Meet the blogbuilders
If life didn’t bring you to Los Angeles and the Jimmy Carter Work Project this year, Blogbuilder is determined to get you as close to the experience as words and photos can. Building this blog every day will be a team, just like the ones building houses here all this week.
I’m Susan Stevenson, editorial manager for Habitat for Humanity International. A staff of writer/editors and photographers who also work for Habitat for Humanity International will be blogging along with me during this weeklong event, the 24th Jimmy Carter Work Project in Habitat’s history. I am your compiler and guide. You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org . I’ll introduce fellow team members:
- Teresa Weaver, senior writer/editor, works in the Atlanta office and is experiencing her first Jimmy Carter Work Project. She joined Habitat from the Atlanta Journal-Constitution in July.
- Shala Carlson, assistant editor of Habitat World, left New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina to edit Habitat’s quarterly magazine. She is a first-timer here, too.
- Heather Myers, writer/editor, works in Americus and is our veteran of previous work projects. She also speaks Spanish, which is an essential in L.A.
- Steffan Hacker, photographer, another veteran of JCWPs.
- Ezra Millstein, who joined Habitat this summer from National Geographic. This is his first work project.
Saturday -- Oct. 27, 2007 - Arriving
Sunday -- Oct. 28, 2007 – Faith and festival
Monday – Oct. 29, 2007 – It’s a quotable Monday
Tuesday -- Oct. 30, 2007 -- Famous and not-so-famous builders
Wednesday -- Oct. 31, 2007 -- Love Shared
Thursday – Nov. 1, 2007 – Poetry in Motion
Friday – Nov. 2, 2007 – Photos of opportunity